Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmynuetron
    replied
    I make a worm poop tea bag using cheesecloth. A few days in a jar in the hot sun and tea. I foliar spray with this. I through an old tea bag in with a banana tree I grow outside in the summer, and worms came up through the pot and emptied the tea bag. Worm poop attracts worms. It’s a win win.
    also I use banana leaves from my banana tree, and poppy plants in my tea during flower.
    The molasses and Epson I only do 3-4 times per grow.
    Last edited by Jimmynuetron; 10-18-2021, 03:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• PLreef
    replied
    Sounds about right. I've heard similar. I plan to mix it for 24 hours and use it in one feeding.

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    Right. That part. Experience with the tea we got from the shop is it goes bad pretty quick when not being oxygenated. Even in the fridge. Not something for storage.
    Still going to watch what people say.

Leave a comment:

• PLreef
    replied
    I bought a large bag of it before my last grow and used it as a top dressing throught. I'd rather mix it myself. Was just wondering if any of ya'lls had any experience with it? Good, bad, ugly.

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    Not sure where you are PLreef . Our local hydroponic store (they have everything but are known as the hydro store) gives free tea for the asking. So long as they've gathered enough worm poop, I imagine. See if you have a similar hookup.

Leave a comment:

• PLreef
    started a topic Worm casting tea

Worm casting tea

I've been doing a bit of reading and worm casting tea has caught my eye. Anyone use it and have a favorite recipe? I've found a few that suggest using 4 cups of casting, 2 tablespoons of molasses to 5 gallons of water. Aerate with a bubbler for 24 hours. Sound about right?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X