Ag Trag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Ag Trag

This is a thread for the not-so-healthy residents of my grow room. In case you're wondering about the title, it's a genre of music. Here's a clue:

That's a bigger image than I expected.

This thread is for two of the worst burnt plants from the Megacrop trial and one that had the humidity dome removed before it was ready.

They look like this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0633.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	542991

Alien Technology:

Name:	IMG_0636.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	542990

Peyote Z-z:

Name:	IMG_0635.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	1.13 MB
ID:	542992

Romulan:

Name:	IMG_0634.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	799.9 KB
ID:	542989

Any Ideas to help them get going again? AT and PZ are at least still drinking. Romulan is still growing now that she's back under the dome but can't seem to get it right. I have fresh AT seeds ready to go for the next round and four left in the pack for PZ and for Romulan. They are all together in my 32"x32" tent I use for a nursery. I have too many in veg right now to start more seeds so I don't need that space. On the other hand, I have plenty enough healthy vegging plants to not need these. AT is of great interest to me after hearing of its effects lasting up to six hours. Romulan is an old favorite of a grow shop owner in town and I had hoped to bring him a few cuttings. Seedsman ran a 3 for 2 sale on their Peyote Purple crosses and I was curious. I've switched the PZ and AT to Down-To-Earth 4-4-4 and worm castings after trying and failing with Megacrop, and Romulan is on DTE 3-3-3 and WC. Soil pH is decent now for all three. PZ and AT were badly burned by high pH and potassium toxicity from Megacrop being (in my opinion) too high in potassium for vegging plants plus me not watering to runoff enough and definitely from not checking soil pH. Flowering plants don't have that problem with MC. In veg, the unused potassium builds up in the soil if you don't overwater at every feed, driving the pH through the roof. I was convinced that MC was pH stable (it is, but not rock steady at low ECs) enough to not worry. The bigger eaters like Super Lemon Haze, Wedding Cake and Pineapple Express weren't as badly affected as these two were. I have a Purple Kush that is burnt too but looks more hopeful that these two.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Woof!!!
    Looks like they're toast.
    I don't think trying to salvage them versus replacing them is a real question at this point.
    Show some mercy and put them out of their misery.
    I would only attempt to salvage them if you are trying to keep the genetics.
    How hot was the feed mix?
    WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
      UndergroundFarmer commented
      Editing a comment
      The Romulan was in coco/perlite with 25% worm castings plus Down-To-Earth 3-3-3 starter mix. I should have put a clear solo cup over it when I took the big dome off the rest of the seedlings in the tray. Romulan is still growing in its own pathetic way.

The other two were on Soul nutrients and worm castings and were pretty decently dialed in when I decided to try feeding with Megacrop because I liked the idea of only needing one bag to feed them from seedling to chop. MC has some pH buffering in it. That was part of the trap. I noticed that no matter what strength I mixed it, it was always right around 6.5 - even after diluting it for smaller plants. I fed large and flowering plants at 1.6 EC and smaller ones at 1.2 EC. The trouble with MC is that it has an N-P-K of 10-7-18. Vegging plants don't use all that potassium. It builds up if you don't water the hell out of them with fresh nute water and the unused potassium drives the pH way up. I expected a bit too much of it thinking that it would self-regulate pH and didn't check soil pH until the problems showed up. I don't think Megacrop should really be used in containers and I've moved on from hydro where it might work as advertised if I kept my eye on it.

I've fixed the pH problems and switched over to DTE 4-4-4 praying that they'll snap out of it but I'm not seeing evidence of new growth. You're probably right that I may as well compost them. I have plenty of others going in veg right now and some ready for flowering once I can cut down some late finishers in other tents. The only one that I was all that invested in was Alien Tech but I can grow that again when it's time to start more seeds.

I finally pulled the plug on those three this afternoon. The UP side is that my GSC and PPD are now in that tent getting 48 hours of darkness before chop Friday night.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X