What is wrong here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! What is wrong here?

Having a rash of bad luck. Spider mites last grow. Now this on my new babies...does anyone know what this is?? T5's, ocean forest soil, 6.5 ph (before liquid nutes added), 78 degrees, watering from bottom, misting leaves.

Looks a bit wet, overwatered to me. Possibly watering from the bottom is leaving them too wet without air, root issues. Welcome to GWE!
    Last edited by TOKABIGONE; 10-17-2021, 09:02 AM.
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• Peace plant
      Peace plant commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. I just watered the crap out of them because I was away for 24 hours and they were super thirsty. Does it need to be transplanted now? Was going to try manifolding on these but now afraid of stressing them out. Should I wait longer now? We're at the sixth node. Barely.
      Appreciate your help!

Yes You should transplant ASAP. I would use cloth pots as they will help prevent overwatering and put them on elevators so they don't sit in water. Let them be for a week after trans then you can do whatever training you wish or have time left for.
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• Peace plant
      Peace plant commented
      Editing a comment
      Excellent. Thank you so much!

You said “6.5 pH (before liquid nutes added)”. Does that mean that you don’t adjust the pH after adding the nutes? You should always mix nutes and water first, then adjust the pH last.

Comment

• Peace plant
      Peace plant commented
      Editing a comment
      I just learned that today. I just tested after mixing in nutes and it's at 6.4. That's still good though, right?

• Rik
      Rik commented
      Editing a comment
      Peace plant Yeah, for Ocean Forest they recommend a pH of 6.3 to 6.8, so 6.4 is fine

If it only happened on the bottom leaves, I would'nt think too much of it. Just cut it off.

Comment

• Peace plant
      Peace plant commented
      Editing a comment
      I have already cut off one set of leaves. This will be the second set. That's why I'm beginning to worry about losing them. If I back off on water and transplant, should I back off or bump up nutes? Does she need rest or a boost? Thanks!

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      Peace plant, I like to see a picture of the entire plant. I grow in soil and I don't feed my plants any nutrients until they are at least 4 weeks old. I have a grow right now and it is in its 4th week of vegging. I have a few bottom leaves that I cut off because they turned yellow. Without seeing the whole plant it's hard to tell.

kingfish, I already cut the other leaves off as suggested. Now the plant looks good. But I'm keeping a close eye on it and if it does this again, I'll post pick of whole plant. Appreciate your help!

Comment

• kingfish
      kingfish commented
      Editing a comment
      Any time

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X