Can someone tell me what this is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone tell me what this is?

Can someone please tell me what this is?

Look like very light colored nanners. Do not take my guess as gospel but looks like plant may have hermaphrodite issue. Reason I say guess is from past experience when I had plants hermie the nanners came right out of flowers over appearing at undeveloped calyxes along stems

Comment

Originally posted by Poppa View Post
      Look like very light colored nanners. Do not take my guess as gospel but looks like plant may have hermaphrodite issue. Reason I say guess is from past experience when I had plants hermie the nanners came right out of flowers over appearing at undeveloped calyxes along stems
      should i throw it away?

Comment

• Poppa
        Poppa commented
        Editing a comment
        "should i throw it away?" That call is all you, like stated in latter comments. I had this happen a couple of times the first time was couple of weeks before harvest, made it to harvest no seeds. Second time I plucked them with tweezers for a few weeks till harvest had seeds in flowers that time but smoke was on par with my previous grows of that strain. For me since I learned to make oil though I don't want them to hermie I'll grow every plant that does hermie till harvest and turn it into oil.

Those be nanners. Your plant has hermied. Hard to tell in pix, the ones with your fingers, Is that powder from the nanners or just light reflection. If powder, that is the pollen. Should you get rid of it? That depends. How long until harvest, are there other plants in the grow that may be affected, how old are they? If there are only a few nanners and you are close to harvest you can cut them off. Better to do it before they open and spread pollen. If you are really close to harvest it may be irrelevant as the plant takes time to start developing seeds- idk how long, someone else can fill that in. If there are no other younger plants that could be affected, then grow it out or harvest. If there are younger plants keep them separate, but the pollination damage may be already done. In any case, it looks old enough to be able to salvage something from it, don't just toss it out.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Originally posted by Ckbrew View Post
        Those be nanners. Your plant has hermied. Hard to tell in pix, the ones with your fingers, Is that powder from the nanners or just light reflection. If powder, that is the pollen. Should you get rid of it? That depends. How long until harvest, are there other plants in the grow that may be affected, how old are they? If there are only a few nanners and you are close to harvest you can cut them off. Better to do it before they open and spread pollen. If you are really close to harvest it may be irrelevant as the plant takes time to start developing seeds- idk how long, someone else can fill that in. If there are no other younger plants that could be affected, then grow it out or harvest. If there are younger plants keep them separate, but the pollination damage may be already done. In any case, it looks old enough to be able to salvage something from it, don't just toss it out.

the plants are in week 6 flower, i have other 5 plants in the grow tent, the one that hermied is a banana krumble from GHS. All the other 5 are Lemon Cheese also from GHS.. i didn't see no pollen, just those bananas.. but then again this is my first seeing these and I don't really know if there was pollen.. i took the plant out the tent, I'm not sure what to do with it.. this is the frostiest, best smelling and best looking plant ( is getting pink) in the room... It's really sad I have to throw it away 😞

Comment

Is it practical to cut off the nanners, like how many of them are there? If you can remove them and keep them off- it will only get worse, you could try and grow it out in the tent but that is a risk you will have to decide to take or not. If you decide to take the plant down, at least try and salvage the frost that you have. Experience will make you a better grower. Sometimes things just happen that you can not control. Just learn to handle it for the best outcome. These things can be brought on by plant stress but not always. Are they to hot, varying temperature, lights to close?
          Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Well you dont have to toss it, seeds take 4-6 weeks to make, can you set it outside (or somewhere else) to finish (and keep the naners plucked off)? Another side to look at is the seed would all be female (with chances of more hermies from the hermie herself (S1 seed)).

Comment

Howdy Organicpufflife, I agree with the above about those being 'nanners'. Do not worry though, in my experience with nanners, the seeds produced from them will be female seeds. I have been growing with my nanner'ed seeds for the last eight grows and the nanner'ed seeds have all produced female plants. I would not cull them out as the quantity of seeds produced will be a much lower than if they were produced from the pollen from a male plant. I usually only get a few seeds per ounce of bud. The bud produced also carry the genetics of the 'mother' plant. I do not know if the pollen from one nanner'ed plant will 'pollinate' another plant in the same grow space, as I have had some plants in the same grow that did not have any seeds in them when the plants with the nanners did.
              Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

My last indoor grow had major stress issues. I think 3 out of 6 hermied, I finished the grow out.
                Ended up with some fire ass super skunk( have to dig the seeds out). I had to dig seeds out of brick weed most of my life. I would finish it out and smoke it!
                DIY 4x12 Farmacy box w/2 4x4x6 grow areas
                TrolMaster HydroX runs the whole show
                Dual tank Co2 injection w/ rain tubing
                10000 btu thru the wall A/C / 5000 btu heater
                50 pint dehumidifier/ cool mist humidifier
                8" intake fan w/ hepa filter / 8" exhaust fan
                2 Timber Fatty-vs COB 950 watt draw fixtures
                w/ added 4 2ft T5 Pure UV bulbs on each fix.
                2 DIY Hybrid DWC 5 gal bubble bucket systems w/ 55 gal reservoirs w/ PH dosers
                2 2"x2"cyl.stones in each bucket, 8"disk in reservoirs
                GH Flora series (entire line) + Orca
                Grow 3 = Blueberry 1 dwc 1 soil.
                . Cherry pie 1 dwc 1 soil
                Soil is great lakes "just add water" in 7 gal fabric bags

Comment

You have yourself a baby boy! Get it away from your girls unless you are making seeds. Bummer. ✌️

Comment

• Rwise
                    Rwise commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well, not exactly, it is still a female plant, but she has male tenancies. There are no male genetics so any seed made would make only female plants. However the chances of more hermies is increased. Also the seed on the hermie its self (S1) can bring odd genetic things forward, some bad some good. You wont know what they will do until you grow them.

I managed to get a small grow tent from a friend that is not using it anymore, i put the Hermied plant inside isolated from all my other plants..

I will let her keep going just to see what comes out of it..

I also have some small plants in 1gallon pots, these were cloned and vegged for 2 weeks but now in the 4th week flowering they are also showing symptoms that i don't know what it is..

Maybe someone here can help me find out?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                    SoOrbudgal commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Way to small of containers flowering clones now, you can learn about transplanting, clones and soils, lighting but if you keep " practicing " without changing your ideas you'll get barely anything worth harvesting. Those clones should of been under 20-4 lighting to keep from flowering and just growing big then transplanted into 5gal. pots. Marijuana needs lots of light and warmth.

They will be root bound in those tiny pots, they need more soil. Yes some folks can do good with tiny pots, it is easier to use bigger. I would removed the lower leaves and transplant them deeper, even though they are in flower if you are careful they will not shock, but if you disturb the roots to much, all bets are off.

Comment

It's not that i don't want to change my ideias, but you may have one method to grow and 100 other people might do it differently... I'm not doing anything new, i saw some people growing weed in a SOG online and they were very successful, even saw some who did it with water bottles...

Anyways we will see how all this turns out... I have one question though, how do I know if they are getting root bound? Just in case it happens

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                      SoOrbudgal commented
                      Editing a comment
                      They stay small when confined and adapt to the size of container. It's not a case of " if " it will happen it is happening@Organicpufflife

• homegrown
                      homegrown commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Organicpufflife, you can grow however you want, SOG's usually use 1-3 gal pots, a water bottle? Why? if your just experimenting go for it. We had a solo cup grow challenge here on GWE a while back....some really nice plants. Over an ounce from some. Your plants are already root bound..for a while now. One stem with a few buds on top are a pretty good indicator. and the dying leaves from the bottom up, she's eating herself. Good luck with your grow.

I am not a good enuf grower to grow out a plant in a small tiny pot, takes a lot, good luck.
                    The first sign would be the leaves grow over the edge of the pot.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X