Help - Is this Bud Rot? If it is, what do I do to save the plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - Is this Bud Rot? If it is, what do I do to save the plant

Hi, its the incompetent beginner first time indoor grower again...this plant was one of my few survivors from the first batch of seeds I germinated in July. 8 seeds germinated and now 2 only are still alive; I probbaly killed the others in a combination of unsuitable soil and overwatering...

This one was OK except showing leaf discolouring for some time perhaps due to excess nutrients (?) rich soil used intially...

Now I see that the biggest cola in the centre of the plant is brownish and I fear this is bud rot...see the pictures please.

This is a White Widow lemon Haze; plant is only about a foot tall, and is now under 12hrs light 12 hours dark for perhaps a week so far

Looks more like a hemp bore worm, cut it off and dig in to see if you can find a little white or orange grub inside, may be below inside the steam.
    Could also be a bud worm, either way remove it.
    It can lead to bud rot if left, be sure all poo is removed.

Comment

Ok - will cut it out and take a look later today...would still appreciate other views.

I know that bud rot should not be used (= dried and cured) as I gather it may be toxic...if I find a worm, can I try to use the buds?

Also here are some pictures of the top of the plant and another side stem which I think are not syffewrieng from the main problem, but do show leaf yellowing and perhaps nutrient burn. Any comments on these please?

Comment

Check out: https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi...oblems/bud-rot

Looks like bud rot to me, could be insect damage but either way it will take your plant. Cut it off and dispose of affected parts of plant, try not to spread the spores, improve the environment. No fix for this other that removal and mitigation. If it gets real bad consider taking the plant for salvage.
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Thank you for your diagnosis - I do suspect bud rot myself here...is it folly to try to save the plant?

Should I simply harvest the other buds on this plant and remove the plant from my grow tent? Humidity there has been 65% . I have installed some extra fans now and it has come down to 56% already; Not sure what else to do now? In a moment I am going to post some post surgical photos showing what i have cut out of the plant in a new thread. Problem is this is my biggest and healthiest plant right now as it is 3 months old...most of the others are clones or seedlings...

Comment

That is the thing with br, it attacks the biggest and best colas first. 65% is way to high. Hard to tell from pix how far it has spread. No cure, only cut, remove, improve environment. See what is left after you cut the rot and decide if you want to keep growing it or cut and run with what you have. Once it starts, it keeps going.
            Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

I have used "Trifecta Crop Control" to avoid bud rot, it works, its pricey, it claims to be safe to harvest. I can say it left no after taste in the ripe buds, with it and air flow the crop was saved.
              I dont like spraying bud either, but if its between harvest and no harvest, well, you choose. Oh ya, did I say its pricey?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X