Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dying Leaves into buds- Time to harvest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dying Leaves into buds- Time to harvest?

Hi folks. looking for opinions. I would normally wait for a little more ripening. However, the last plant from my latest grow, a Gorilla bomb is really yellowing and I am wondering if it could hurt the quality of flowers. . she' at 9 weeks now and i would think another few days to a week would be best for ripeness . for some reason she was the only of 7 different strains to not finish off nicely in the same soil. i believe it is a sulfur and or iron deficiency, but it only started a couple of weeks ago so i figured not worth trying to fix. the one thing i did was move lights farther away PH was checked all the way along. The yellowing is into the sugar leaves and even a bit of the buds themselves. i am now leaning to chopping today to avoid negative stuff if the leaves in the buds die. see the trichome photo- in my opinion, fairly much cloudy now, with only a couple turning amber that i could see. My concern is that I have never chopped one with so many pistils still white (estimate50% turned orange). these plants were vegged at three weeks so small, but this one was really pretty till she ran into trouble. Life goes on - next set of seeds are sprouting a I type. Cheers.
    A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Looks like PH issues to me, what do you feed, what PH do you run?

Comment

• Bootsy
      Bootsy commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed. thanks for the note.  I expect ph led to the nutrient issue for this plant.  These are in home made organic super soil.  This soil will not be reused indoors, and they are within days max, so diagnosis is useless for me at this point.   The soil is quite alkaline, so watering required ph adjustment the whole grow, and I guess this girl was just more senitive - the other 6 finished up awesomely.  My only conundrum is to wait for this lady or not.  BUT. Upon further deep ananlysis ( induced by a couple of bowls) that i will harvest half now and let the rest go full term so i can gauge if the yellowing affected the buds in any way except appearance. My stock is fine anyway. Life is good.

• Catfish22
      Catfish22 commented
      Editing a comment
      Capital idea! If there is an opportunity to learn and you can afford the risk, as you can, go for it.

In case it is of interest or helps someone, an older guy at the local grow op shop said he's let leaves go like this, and that it didnt affect anything taste wise. he did say the trichomes stop and fall of any leaves that would have em. i cut one branch off, and intend to wait till the rest are as i would normally wait for . lets see how it works out. I had a similar thing happen many grows ago and harvested early out of fear to lose the big plant.
    A happy Canuk. this grow will be using Flora Flex nutrients in coco/perlite. 9 plants in 3 by 3 tent and 8 plants in 2 by 4, in 1 or 2 gallon pots (whatevere is there). manual fertigation planned. veg till around 1 ft high. 2 by 4 tent light is Bloom Plus 2500 and 3 by 3 tent has Mar Hydro Ts3000, both of which seem awesome.

Comment

today i have around 10% amber trichomes, but still have maybe 30 to 40% pistils sticking out. a little bit more reading to see if trichomes dominate on the early side. i know to wait for them after pistils are all turned in, but this is new to me. Maybe something to do with the cold i am letting happen - no heater at night and the temps go down to 61 coldest and average 63. daytime she is set at 69-72. did this to try and speed it up. another Duuuh - adding another variable in the experiment. if i cant find anything, i will be harvesting, and the yellowing looks as if it isnt deep and will be hand trimmed away. I dont want any more amber - the only time i did go with more amber I wasnt crazy about the effect. I have specirfic trains for awake abd sedentary, so dont need to adjust them. well. shit -sorry about getting wordy - Alien Technology apparently does that to me. Cheers.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Bootsy no worries about being wordy sometimes i just cut it. After all why some plants decide to keep pushing and others just curl in an dry is just odd strain behaviors who the heck really knows not me just a hobby grower. Yes i push mine through right now taking chances but i'm outdoors still waiting. Poor climate now for weed but i'm waiting for amber but i will not sacrifice mildew,mold or bud rot for it. So as long as theres all milky i'm taking them down. Good luck

She's done for me. many more amber trichomes, and maybe 25% pistils still white, but the buds look really tight and full. Didnt want any more amber. My experiment is moot, since the yellowing really didnt get a chance to make it into the buds. Life is tough but the growing is a neat hobby. Maybe the stickiest plant I have trimmed in my recollection (gorilla bomb).

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey don't forget to scrap those scissors i got a little ball of hash i scrapped off from my sticky

• Bootsy
        Bootsy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks SoOrbudgal. the remider is appreciated but unnecessary. scissor scrapings and finger hash are my Favourite as I type this i am looking at a full spliff loaded to go with the rest. my phone locator is set so someone can find me later on if i decide to stroll. not cold enough to freeze outdoors yet anyways.

Well. The Gorilla Bomb has cured for a month. Amonst the gooiest I have harvested yet. For me, super nice taste and buzz, and the three day difference in picking the limbs is unnoticeable to me. Happy with it, but experiment is inconclusive.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad your enjoying the harvest.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X