I need help on determining Harvest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help on determining Harvest

I live in Montana and we just had our first snow of the fall season. I have a grow outdoors and I have three plants all planted at same time, same strain etc. Each plant is in a different phase of flowering, even though they are side by side. I think one plant is ready for harvest and the other two are not. I just need someone to let me know if I am correct or maybe I still need to wait longer for all three. I have a small heater in my greenhouse. It is just a flimsy, cheap greenhouse but I sure hope it does the trick. If anyone agrees with me, please let me know and I will go outdoors right now and harvest before it gets any colder.

Nice looking plants! Pineapple express?
    I don't think they're ready?
    Typically, 70-90% red pistils(hairs) but, a better indicator is the Trichomes. They need to be magnified for determination. Clear is to early, all milky(highest THC), all amber is to late (THC breaking down). Trichomes look like mushrooms, check out the tops for determination.
    you can try to zoom in with your phone a do a vide.

Comment

• Roses2529
      Roses2529 commented
      Editing a comment
      They are supposed to be Afghan Kush. Thank You for your input. I guess I am in too much of a hurry since it snowed.

Yes do go by the trics
    clear = racy paranoid high, yes some do like this, not me
    milky = Highest THC point
    Amber = CBN developing from the THC, gives couch lock, good for sleep.
    Many go for 10-30% amber, I harvest in different stages so I have some to get going and some to slow down.
    Luvely plants!

Comment

• Roses2529
      Roses2529 commented
      Editing a comment
      The trichomes are milky. Hairs turned Amber and curled in but the trichomes don't seem to be as much as other photo's I have seen. Also the plant doesn't show signs of dying. Fan leaves are green. Thank you for your input.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X