• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	B760FECC-4D4D-48E7-8D4F-B16D30C8A907.jpeg
Views:	218
Size:	2.81 MB
ID:	541951 Help please! Something is up with my plants. I’m currently in organic soil with 30% perlite, I definitely think I overwatered, we are at almost 5 weeks from when we put the seeds in soil,I was lightly watering every day with pump sprayer. I just aerated the soil and removed all the crispy leaves that came off by touching, also gave them root enhancer at week 2-3. So at this point will they come back if I water once every 5-7 days or should I just start over and lesson learned? Temperature is between 73-80, humidity at around 50%, had humidifier going until 2 days ago, I dropped it and broke it, I think the plants we’re trying to tell me too much water. Leaves are yellow and have brown spots
    Attached Files

Hey DC28 Could be a few different things OR a combo of all. Your organic soil- does it have time release fertilizer(is there any nuts in it)?. Thats really tough on seedlings. Second, is there any holes in those solo cups? I dont see any. If the water isnt draining out of the cups, the roots just sit in stagnant water and that brings on all kinds of problems. And i dont recommend any root enhancer or ferts till just before i transplant to big pot. You didnt say weather they were photos or Autos.. If Autos..i wouldnt waste any more time,hydro,fertilizer etc on them. If their photos and you want to try an experiment you may be able to nurse them along, but they need to come out of those cups and into something proper. I'll post a pic of 4 plants that are 27 days old today. Oh and a couple of my solo cups that i use for starting seeds...the roots need air and good drainage.
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Tent
    Bruce Banner
    Kushy Kush
    2Cookies and cream

Comment

Hey, they are feminized, yes cups have drainage holes at the bottom.

Comment

To much water not enuf soil, whats the PH?
        What do you PH the water/feeding to?
        When you water seedlings, water in a circle around them so the roots reach for it.
        Not all organic soils are the same, whats in yours?
        Are they autos? If so I would say start over.
        Are they photos? If so they can be saved and make a harvest.
        Poke holes in the sides of those cups as well.

Comment

Not autos, I have soil with earth dust “cooking”, should I transplant into 7 gallon pots with that?? Original soil is natures care organic raised bed soil. Added a picture of product overview. Water Ph is between 6.5 and 7, probably closer to 7, I’m using a ph kit with color reference. Maybe I should use the earth dust soil mix into new solo cups with more holes??

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	50DD02B4-1F31-469F-B914-700B9FF7CD98.png
Views:	75
Size:	419.1 KB
ID:	542009

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              I use this before but i used it for making potting soil as i add more coco coir and mix neutral no additive old potting soil to it. I think it's too strong for seedlings by itself. I just use light fluffy no nothing in it potting soil with lots of perlite for root oxygene. Seedlings don't want nothing for few weeks and just keep it moist soil not flooded.

I wouldn’t start over. Just back off on the water and when you see roots in bottom of cups, yes transfer into 7 gallon pots. Do not feed or give anything to seedlings. When you transfer into final pots then start your nute schedule. Setup up a auto feed and you won’t have to worry about overwatering ever. Easier to adjust and feed nutes and ph in a reservoir. Just my opinion. ✌️

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X