12/12 dark cycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12/12 dark cycle

Can the light that's emitted from a surge protector be enough light to interrupt the 12/12 dark cycle?

nope, your good
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Tent
    Bruce Banner
    Kushy Kush
    2Cookies and cream

Comment

• Flatfish59
      Flatfish59 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you

I had a dehumidifier running in a grow room, a portable model, that displayed a tiny white warning when the water reservoir was full. The text was only about the size of a 6 font. One plant went hermie but I don't know if that light caused it. No other plants were bothered.

This is a great question but I don't think there's any science on it so you'll get anecdotal replies but there are many expert growers here and I respect their opinions.

Comment

• PeterMatanzas
      PeterMatanzas commented
      Editing a comment
      There were 12 females in that grow room.

• Flatfish59
      Flatfish59 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you

• grouchyoldman
      grouchyoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      Flatfish59, that is a Damned Good Question and I'm not sure anyone has a definitive answer to 'How much light is too much?.'

That said, I believe that I had a plant herm because of my imprudent decision NOT to put a bit of Duct Tape over the four devices that insisted in blasting their red-ish photons into my flowering grow room. Herms and weird growth that i attribute to partial reversion back to veg was the result and I didn't tumble to it until I had occasion to go into the room after dark and was horrified to see my own shadow cast in the glow of the stupid DeHum, surge protectors and (ye Gads!) InkBird controller!!!

FWIW, I now use the old school cloth electrical tape to hide every annoyingly "helpful" indicator lights in my grow room.

I have had what I see as a problem that came from stray lights, tiny LEDs or small lamps, mostly red or green. A plant near the red LED hermied, but as said I cant say for sure it was the light. At any rate I covered all to er on the safe side. Green is said to not have any affect, but IDK, colour may play a roll here, intensity certainly would.

Comment

• Flatfish59
      Flatfish59 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you and I do have the light covered with a hand towel folded over and wrapped around it. I have heard that the color green does not effect the plants, but all other colors if bright enough can effect the plants. The surge protector light is blue BTW.
      Last edited by Flatfish59; 10-10-2021, 09:45 AM.

Howdy Flatfish59, I think that it might cause problems. Early in my growing I left the on/off switch uncovered on a power strip and had some problems, but after I started to cover it up, the flowering problems seemed to lessen. It will not hurt anything to cover the light, just to be on the safe side.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X