Black Mold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Mold

I had to move my plants into my garage due to weather and one of my plants developed some bud rot. I think because there was not enough air flow. I have 5 fans going now. Never had to deal with this before is there anything I can spray on my other plants and on the one I found the bud rot on? At least to keep it from spreading? Also if I take down the plant that is having the problem once it is trimmed up can I hang it without worrying about spores getting on my other plants. Thanks in advance but I am truly worried.

You can't fix bud rot, only mitigate it. Cut off buds with rot, don't spread spores, improve environment- lower humidity, increase air flow, lower temperature.
    Check out: https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi...oblems/bud-rot
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

You should also look into washing your buds. You still have to dispose of anything that touched the bud rot but it will help clear away any spores or other dirt on what remains.

Comment

• PeterMatanzas
        PeterMatanzas commented
        Editing a comment
        I always wash my outdoor

• chicks
        chicks commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. I have in the past used peroxide for powder mildew now my plants so now I will use it for this and again thanks

Mild solution of hydrogen peroxide sprayed on the plant would kill mold and spores, I’ve done that in the past. It’s not an original technique, some other growers do that. Thing is though - you don’t want buds wet so I used a hand held hair dryer to dry the buds. You can tear off the buds with rot then spray the plant. In any case yeah it’s true that bud rot has family spores that are everywhere.

Comment

• chicks
        chicks commented
        Editing a comment
        When you say mild what do you suggest as a ratio.

• PeterMatanzas
        PeterMatanzas commented
        Editing a comment
        5 teaspoons of 3% H2O2 per gallon of water

EDIT: Even though H2O2 will kill the mold, it is still poison because of the cytotoxins exuded by mold.
        Last edited by PeterMatanzas; 10-07-2021, 07:11 PM.

• DeadlyFruit
        DeadlyFruit commented
        Editing a comment
        Peter can comment on the mixture for a hydrogen peroxide foliar spray but for bud washing during the harvest there is a pretty wide number of variations but they are all pretty similar so just find one that looks reasonable to you. Typically it is done with 3 or 4 three gallon buckets. Fill the buckets with water and then the different recipes involve adding lemon juice, baking soda and hydrogen peroxide in the different buckets with the final bucket just plain water for rinsing. The amounts are usually about half a cup to a full cup.

I first trim all the big fan leaves, do the wash and after they drip a little I do the fine trimming. This way the trim you plan on keeping gets washed as well. To wash, swirl the branches gently in the first bucket for a couple minutes, avoiding banging them against the sides or bottom, then into the next bucket. Once they have gone through the buckets let them drip most of the water off and hang dry as usual. You will be surprised at how much junk comes off an outdoor grow.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X