Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microscopic video of trichomes - Is it ready?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Microscopic video of trichomes - Is it ready?

These things have been flowering for about 2 months now... and the weather is starting to get cool which has me concerned. There is still quite a few white hairs to be seen, but also a good amount have turned.

This looks ready to me, does anyone have any thoughts on whether I'm good to pull and begin the harvest?

For some reason, the videos don't seem to be loading for me. Here are the best screen shots of the videos I could get. Hopefully these are good enough!! Click image for larger version

Name:	big1.png
Views:	82
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	541175Click image for larger version

Name:	small1.png
Views:	74
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	541176Click image for larger version

Name:	small2.png
Views:	78
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	541170Click image for larger version

Name:	big3.png
Views:	83
Size:	2.27 MB
ID:	541171Click image for larger version

Name:	small3.png
Views:	80
Size:	2.01 MB
ID:	541172Click image for larger version

Name:	small4.png
Views:	84
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	541173Click image for larger version

Name:	big2.png
Views:	81
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	541174
    Attached Files

Comment

I don’t have great colour vision and I sometimes have trouble seeing the ambers. With that said, it looks like you have mostly cloudy trichomes with a few still clear. I don’t think I see any ambers. It depends what you want from your bud but personally I like 10-30% ambers. I think that works better for a sleep aid without a crazy level of couchlock, which is what I mostly want out of my bud. My suggestion is to leave yours a bit longer until you have some ambers. On the plus side, your bud plumps up a fair bit in the final few weeks so it can be worth it to be patient. It is usually a race between your bud and the cool wet weather, trying to get it to harvest with the least bud rot and WPM. Keep a close eye on it and trim out any bud that has bud rot as soon as you see it to reduce the spread. If things look to be getting out of hand then you have to make the call on an early harvest to save as much as possible. If no bud rot then you are golden. I would say you have 2 or 3 more weeks to go but if you are expecting a hard frost or see bud rot you might change your plans. I think you have enough cloudy trichomes for your bud to be usable but a little longer will be a bonus.

EDIT I looked again and perhaps you do have a few ambers here and there. I blame my bad colour vision. If I am right you may be closer than I thought although I would probably still give them a couple more weeks. Can you post a photo of the entire plant to see how the bud is plumping up? Are you located somewhere that a hard frost in the near future is possible?
      Last edited by DeadlyFruit; 10-06-2021, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X