growing technique/habits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

growing technique/habits

Hey everyone! Its the weekend...and up in New England, it's finally cool and crisp.
    I'm just sending along this post to see if anyone would have any suggestions to improve my technique /grow habits. But first here's what I'm against. I'm an indoor grower but I don't have a tent. I use a spare closet that has dimensions of 8' wide x 8' high x 2' deep. When I first started growing I was using the bulb routine (400w Sodium and 400w Metal Halide). I quickly switched to SF2000. To me the bulb routine didn't get along with my electrical bill.

I started growing in just Fox Farms Happy Frog using their nutes trio. Upon suggestion, I switched to a mix of Ocean Forest and Happy Frog. Still looking for ease of growing (or simplify things for ME) I followed another suggestion and switched my soil to Coast of Maine Stonington Blend. So far I have stuck with that. At first I was making a tea from the soil, aerating it and using that as only nutes during veg and using fish fertilizer during flower. What I have found to work best for me so far is same soil and I've been using Botanicare CNS 17 Grow and then switching to Botanicare CNS17 Bloom and Hydroplex (Bloom enhancer for flower.

My grows in the past four(ish) years have been White Widow, Blue Venom, Northern Lights, Aurora and gg4(auto). So far I believe Aurora has given me my best yield although not as much as what I read lol. My Northern Lights grow was very skimpy. I was a little disappointed. I had one grow before white Widow that I won't talk about. It was complete disaster lol.

Yah, naturally everyone wants the best yields with fattest, frostiest buds. I've been told its the strain and most importantly, genetics. Also, patience is not a strong point of mine. Another one of my personal concerns is height. I think my tallest plant at harvest was maybe 3 1/2 feet. I know how to top a plant and have had success but I tried fimming once and I'm pretty sure I f...I mean messed things up. lol

I'm curious...are there any you-tubers I could follow that may help me or any local members to me (New England) that would be willing to "take me under their wings" and give me critique when needed?

My future possible grow will include something from this collection: Blue Venom (G13 labs); Sour Kush Auto (Growers Choice); Bruce Banger (?); Cheese (?); Gorilla glue auto (Growers Choice); Bubblegum Auto (GRowers Choice); Fcking Incredible (Pacific); and lastly some seeds (8) that came out of an 1/8 from a dispensary. I'm pretty sure it was a strain called Rubber Match

You guys and gals have always been quick to respond and VERY helpful! Thanks in advance!

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...rial-with-pics

Not to toot my own horn but my technique would benefit you greatly with your setup. IMO from personal experience growing indoors, if your plant is over 18” tall you’re wasting space/stem. Not many lights can penetrate any deeper than 18” and I always get the best yields with plants that are less than 12” from the soil with a screen full of nothing but even top buds. Other training methods are cool but not as effective if yield is what you want. Basically you want them short and wide.

As far as the soil and nutes, I keep it simple and let Fox Farms do the complicated part for me
    Last edited by bboyfromwayback; 10-02-2021, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
      bboyfromwayback commented
      Editing a comment
      Sometimes lower. Try it

• PeterMatanzas
      PeterMatanzas commented
      Editing a comment
      I have my own techniques but thank you very much.

• UndergroundFarmer
      UndergroundFarmer commented
      Editing a comment
      I tend to grow mine short for portability purposes but yeah, I suppose it is much less wasteful. I got into keeping them short after grows of Bruce Banner and Ghost Train Haze. They will take over an entire tent before you know what happened.

Originally posted by bboyfromwayback View Post
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...rial-with-pics

Not to toot my own horn but my technique would benefit you greatly with your setup. IMO from personal experience growing indoors, if your plant is over 18” tall you’re wasting space/stem. Not many lights can penetrate any deeper than 18” and I always get the best yields with plants that are less than 12” from the soil with a screen full of nothing but even top buds. Other training methods are cool but not as effective if yield is what you want. Basically you want them short and wide.

As far as the soil and nutes, I keep it simple and let Fox Farms do the complicated part for me
    Thank you for the response! I have no problems topping and keeping my plants short and fat! lol

Comment

Remembered this post, here’s a pic of my 2x4 I took last night. Expecting 10-12oz from these 3 plants. You can grow plenty of weed in your space

Comment

• DeadlyFruit
        DeadlyFruit commented
        Editing a comment
        That is a well spread canopy!

• bboyfromwayback
        bboyfromwayback commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you! This 5ft tall 2x4 is all I grew in for years. Not ideal but doable

I never got much frost until I switched from fluorescents to LEDs. Your SF2000 should do fine. I got even more frost with worm castings added to my coco. You can top dress about every three weeks. Fox Farms soil mixes have some WC in them already but a little more may help. Again, quality genetics make a big difference too.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X