Plants too big for my space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Plants too big for my space

I travelled this summer and i decided it was best to do autoflower seeds when I was gone. Usually I only do 1 plant because my space is small for 2 big plants. So I have 2 autoflower that it supposed to be fast grow compared to other autoflower strains. The problem is that 1 of the plant I didn't defoliate and was trying not to topping because I wanted to see really the diferences when defoliate happens.

So now I don't have more space to put the light higher and they are already getting light burn and the funny part is that it is third week of flower, so they will get much bigger.

So what do you suggest defoliate and topping down the high part of the autoflower??

Or leave like it is? and deal with the top bud is gone be realy bad because it is almost touching the light?

Read about super cropping it's in the GWE turtorials. READ
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• antoniobanderas420
      antoniobanderas420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, It is always usefull to read super cropping at GWE again, but I think is it a little bit late for that kind of stress. I usually do a lots of LST but I wasn't around this grow in the first month. So it was my gradmother that watered the plants for me LOL

Well - you've already seen what happens when you don't top or defoliate - so cut your main cola off so it's the same height as surrounding colas. Or - try bending it over. Then defoliate - but not too much.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• antoniobanderas420
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. Yes after read your message I didn't think twice, so i defoliate more than 50% of the plant and I did toppins in every cola at half of the plant.

Just hope that doesn't affect the plant too hard, but I think it is ok after one day at least.

Because I was thinking... there is some people who say to never do big defoliate in auto flower plants because thay have small period time. But in my case they are too big and the bellow part doesn't have any light.

So the only problem I could see in my head, Is that the plants will be stagnated for 5 days

Humm...
    I've got the same issue. I bought a tent (after reading one of the Sunday newsletter) that is small - 2x2x4. I'm a newbie and thought because I have been growing only Autos that would be all I need. A few of my plants have grown right up to the LED. Should I try to LST even more (I already top each plant) or is my only option to cut the top bud and harvest the rest once they are ready?
    Mother Earth Coco/Perlite 70/30
    Canna Coco Or
    Happy Frog soil
    Fox Farms nutrients trio
    Smart pots
    Vivosun tent, LED lite & fan

Semper Fi brothers and sisters!

Comment

• antoniobanderas420
      Editing a comment
      In what stage and week since germination your plants are?

jamesphoto Ideally you want an even canopy indoors to maximize yields so LST and topping become very important. Next time train your plants but to anyone else that has issues i attached a photo of what properly trained plants look like. This pic is a 3x3 tent with 315 LEC that harvested a little less than a pound. If i had not trained then i might have gotten half the yield that i did. To fix antoniobanderas420 problem tho check out supercropping like SoOrbudgal suggests.

Comment

• jamesphoto
      jamesphoto commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I agree. I'm kinda at a disadvantage with the 4' tent. One day I'll get a larger one. But you are exactly right - that is how I want them all to look. Thank you!

Tersky

I don't understand how some people can do small plants like yours (specially yours that are really healthy). I always have one problem... they get too big and only have space for 1 plant.

It was long time ago that I used autoflower strains and after this experience never more again indoors.

So I read GWE tutorials for 7 years, Believe me I already spent hours reading and readding Ahaha my DIY grow room is inspired in articles of GWE.

So I attached some photos of previous non-autoflower strain (MIMOSA from barney's farm)

Thankk you and good grows

Comment

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      It takes practice but is all about the training. What i do is top it when the plant gets to the 5th or 6th node and use garden staples to pin the branches down so the plant grows horizontally instead of vertically. I keep pinning down branches until the plant is is the width i would like it (usually the width of the pot) then flip to 12/12. This allows for even canopy and maximizes usable space.

• antoniobanderas420
      Editing a comment
      Tersky

And what size of pot do you use? thank you, I think I will try that next time.

• Tersky
      Tersky commented
      Editing a comment
      I use 3 or 5 gal fabric pots. Any larger and it tends to be too heavy for my back as i water mine in the tub. I think the pots in the pic i shared were 5 gal.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X