Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And just like that, everything changes......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And just like that, everything changes......

About 10 am, we got some 60 mph winds and over an inch of rain in an hour, and about 40% of the branches on my biggest plant were broken and on the ground. Could have used at least a couple more weeks (only a trace of amber), so had to emergency harvest. Hope it's of decent quality. We'll soon see.

Nice harvest!

Comment

• Ace1973
      Ace1973 commented
      Editing a comment
      it is a nice harvest and should be fine, you lucked out compared to the people on here that had bud rot

That sucks to have a new schedule forced on you. With that said, if you had some ambers appearing you should have a decent product. Maybe not quite as much couchlock but if that isn’t important to you then I bet it will be just fine. I have a couple of tree size plants out back and after seeing the wind seriously bending them a couple weeks ago I stabilized them with rope. Now all I have to worry about is the bunch of rainy days we are going to have next week! It might be that I should soon consider harvesting as well to avoid the inevitable bud rot this late in the season.

Comment

Well that's a bummer but hopefully the cure will help just might have to smoke 3 bowls LOL how awful.....good haul anyway.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Took the small leaf blower and, from a distance, was able to eliminate quite a bit of moisture from the buds from my in-ground plants that got pretty wet this morning. Chance for rain again late Friday, so the cooler temps and higher humidity always bring potential bud rot into play. Have a small indica clone that is ready now, so more trimming tomorrow. Good growing to all!

Comment

Wow only 60, 70 here, leaves falling sideways heavy rain for only a few minutes, followed by a gentle rain for several hours. As soon as the heavy rain moved out the temps dropped into the 60's. May 1/2 -3/4 of an inch is all I got, it was needed, I was under extreme drought.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X