Not sure on my problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Not sure on my problem

Hello, this is my first time trying to grow and I’ve already made a few mistakes while trying to learn like not having my light on a high enough setting for the first 2ish weeks and I did transplant way to early (because they didn’t get enough light) and didn’t realize until I was already done. Over the last week or so I’ve noticed some discoloration in some of the lower leaves and I’m not sure on what it could be. I’ve looked into some things and I can’t tell if this could be some kind of nutrient deficiency or if it could be root rot form being put into a 3gallon pot too soon? I’m curious what a experienced person will think it might be, thank you for your time

At first glance it looks like nitrogen toxicity. Yellow burnt tips on the leaves.
    To get some answers you need to give us some info on your grow.
    Type of plant, auto, photo?
    What kind of soil?
    What's your watering/feeding schedule?
    What kind of nutes are you providing and the amount/ frequently?
    PH of the feed water, run off PH?
    Lighting?
    And so on, you get the picture. The more info you provide the better folks understand your grow. Help us help you....
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Ahhh yeah sorry that info might be helpful, I have 3 Maui Wowie plants (the one that’s in the pictures of the original post) and 3 Hindu Kush plants but only one of the Hindu Kush plants seems to be affected but at less of an amount (the picture included in this post), ohh and there all feminized seads. I have them growing in FoxFarm ocean forest potting soil mix and I’ve been watering them about every other day when the top inch or so of soil seems dry with only water from the start and I converted over to watering with nutrients last week thinking that’s why the plants are still so small (planted in soil 9/2/21), now that I’m thinking about it I believe the plant was showing this yellow burntish marks before I even started the nutrients. I’ve only gone threw 1 gallon of nutrient mixed water over the last week between the plants, never enough to have any water run off because I’ve been afraid of over watering so I’m not sure of the PH at that stage. The 1 gallon of nutrient mixed water that I used had a PH of 6.57 and a PPM of 0331 using Blue Planet nutrients Blue Max part A+B and Botanicare CAL-MAG pulse all at half the recommended starting dose. And as far as the lighting I have two VIVOSUN vs1000 led grow lights 24inches above the plants, and as mentioned before I messed up and had the lights on the wrong settings. 9/2 threw 9/14 they were on 25%, 9/14 threw 9/21 they were at 75% and after 9/21 on I’ve had them at 100% and the whole time they’ve been on a 18/6 light cycle.

Comment

Fox Farms ocean forest is a hot soil. IMO it's too hot for young plants. Hence your burnt leaves. Many growers will use a mild soil in the middle of their pots to start the seedling in. After sometime the roots will spread out into the ocean forest, providing nutrients to the already growing plant. Ocean Forest has enough nutes it in to last around 4 to 6 weeks. Meaning you shouldn't use any type of nutes before then. When starting nutrients don't go by the recommended dosage, start at 1/2 or 1/4 strength and see how the plant reacts.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• GreenState
          GreenState commented
          Editing a comment
          Oddly, I have never had issues with fox farms being to hot. In fact I always start hitting the plants with grow nutrients
          around two weeks after sprouting. I think many soil problems are really a result of not enough perlite in the mix and poor drainage.

Ohh wow I wouldn’t of guessed the soil could be to strong, I’ll go back to just water for another two weeks then thank you. I do have another question involving the watering, when I do start watering with nutrients again is it an every time I water I use the nutrient mix? Or do I do every other or every couple waterings add the nutrients?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X