Shelf Life of Weed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shelf Life of Weed

I have about an ounce and a half left over from my last winter grow... It was harvested in April of this year and has been kept in a mason jar at 60 to 64% with boveda bags... How long is it good for???
    Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.
    Grow Light Phlizon 1200 watts LED grow light.
    Grow Tent 36 inches by 36 inches by 72 inches high.
    Circulation 2 six inch fans.
    Humidity 48% to 54% depending when I water the plants.
    Temperature 70 degrees F. with lights off. 78 degrees F. with lights on.

Mail it to me i'll let you know LOL. Hey if it feels good when you pull out a bud, well even if it's dryish it's still as good to me as it was 6months ago. What strain is it?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

It is (Sensi Star x Island Sweet Skunk) x Blueberry... If you weren't in the States I would send you some... It has been well taken care of... Thanks Muskie Man...
      Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the thoughts, sounds like my kind of strain.

I’ve kept a little from each of my grows the last few years to compare smells and look etc (boveda packs, amber jars, correct temp etc) and so far they are all still pretty usable. If they look normal and no weird smells like ammonia then they are good. I think the bigger question is the rate of thc decay when stored properly (I don’t know the answer to that but I would love to hear if someone else knows). I suspect at some point weed will still smell and look normal but have no snap left to it. With that said I think weed harvested in April of this year and correctly stored is probably just coming into its prime. Let us know after you try it.

Comment

I have a Mason jar of bud from 2 years ago. The smell has lost its bite a little but it's still strong enough to lock you into a couch. I swap out the boveda pack every now and then.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

I vacuume sealed some at 62% and froze it for a year and it stunk good still when I thawed and cut it open, but I’ve been told by many it keeps as well in a jar. Humidity is crucial, thanks boveda. I do believe that terpenes dissipate faster than thc, so if it still smells good, it probably still works...

Comment

With proper storage I say 2 years. I've got some of 3 years and it's still potent.
            Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
            Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
            Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
            Full auto grow
            Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
            12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

I keep mine in mason jars. Then they're placed in a cabinet in basement to keep them cool in a dark place. My first harvest was July of 2019. Last month I broke some of it out for a cook out and it still had great taste and excellent buzz. So from my experience I'd say you can store a harvest for at least 2 years.

Comment

Thanks a lot boys and girls, just wasn't sure... Muskie Man
                Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.

Comment

So back in about 1979 I took some doobies and individually sealed them in glass vials in chem lab. Made 6 of them. Make a label that said "in case of emergency break glass". 5 were given away and one I probably still have buried in a box somewhere. If I ever find it I will let everyone know how it survived.
                  Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Two different strains, both aged 2 years, still fire

Click image for larger version

Name:	7CB71431-2B91-4F72-875E-A8F65F0160B8.jpeg
Views:	181
Size:	2.31 MB
ID:	541274Click image for larger version

Name:	0932A9FF-AA61-4309-A81C-C5109F600860.jpeg
Views:	175
Size:	826.8 KB
ID:	541275

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X