Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Feedback: First Time Grow Too Small?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Need Feedback: First Time Grow Too Small?

I am currently growing my first set of cannabis plants, and so far, everything has worked quite well.
    Now at roughly 9 1/2 weeks old, the plants seem to have fallen behind the "schedules" I've searched through online before growing to get a rough outline on how my plants should be doing. They are about 45cm at their highest point, many of the none-central branches are smaller than the central ones in terms of general growth and early bud size. Many of the leaves on branches that have produced no buds (mainly very far down the plant) have turned yellow, dry and fell off.
    As far as I've read online, they should be ready at 9-12 weeks old, and I can't imagine that 3 weeks are enough for them to grow to a "normal" height.
    I would like to wether my worrying is justified or I'm just too panicky with my first plants. I can provide more information on all the enviromental factors if needed!
    For the basics, these are autoflowers in Biobizz All Mix substrate and I'm feeding each plant every 2 days with 500ml of water and the recommended amounts of BioBizz Grow, TopMax, Bloom and CalMag. Every third watering, I use pure water, no fertilizers.
    I've kept the lamp (Viparspectra P1000 LED, at 100% brightness since week 4 or 5) fairly close to the plants and only recently raised it to the height you see on the pictures, since the lamp doesnt get too warm, and I thought more/closer light would increase growth.

Comment

I'm assuming they are autoflowers? The light didn't seem to do any damage that I can tell. It would be better to check with Viparsprectra's recommendation. Mine are recommended at 24" in veg and 18" in flower. Lower leaves yellowing and falling off is normal in late flower. You are going to get a decent first harvest in a few weeks. Don't worry about yield on the first grow. Next time, you'll have it dialed in better and get bigger plants. Some autos don't get all that much bigger than that and occasionally you'll get a seed with bad genetics. I've only grown out a few autos myself and I've had a few duds already. The best so far were Seedsman freebies like their NL auto.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X