Bad generics or bad farming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad generics or bad farming?

About a year ago I purchased $200 worth of seeds from a Nevada seed dealer. Newguy420. I had seen on this site where a couple other people had purchased from him in the past. I was a brand new grower at that point. So far I planted and harvested about 10 of those seeds. All the seeds are autoflowering seeds. I've never been very happy with the yields I got from any of the plants. After reading today's email it sounds like generics has an awful lot to do with the way your plants grow. So I'm questioning whether I'm a bad farmer or these are just bad seeds. I purchased these because they were cheap and they were coming from the US. I purchased in the past from seedman & ILGM but not the best experiences.

I'm quite new so this is what I've done so far. Grown both indoors with an LED light and outdoors with the Sun in movable planters. 3 gallon planters outside. All my plants this summer but just about the same as this one did. I've never even gotten one full ounce out of any of my plants. I pH my water, use Happy Frog, fabric pots and feed Fox Farm food. Pretty much the same results in any environment.

My plants look pretty darn sad when compared to others I see photos of. So I'm questioning whether I'm a shitty grower or a cheap ass using shitty seeds.

Current outside grow is Candy Cane Auto from newguy420.com (last photo was from this mornings article...)
    Mother Earth Coco/Perlite 70/30
    Canna Coco Or
    Happy Frog soil
    Fox Farms nutrients trio
    Smart pots
    Vivosun tent, LED lite & fan

Semper Fi brothers and sisters!

autos in my opinion do not yield as much as photos do, my first grow was an auto blueberry. My second grow was photos and my yield was much higher. As far as being bad at growing, you probably just need more practice, a lot of people here did not start growing super crops at first, myself included. Give yourself time and try out other seed banks try this link to find one you like

The original cannabis strain database! Searching for cannabis seeds, cultivars, hybrids or lineages? Find all known marijuana varieties, infos & sources here!

Comment

Well i got some of those candy cane autos also just not planted them yet. But i have had several low producing strains in my auto adventures. I just chalk it up and move on. So with growing it takes a few tries and if you can grow flowers or veggies without overwatering or overfeeding you can grow outdoor weed. Heck we all get low amounts time and again. And autos well as you see some folks are more experienced know how to relax now and practically let the plant tell them what it needs. You will get there just don't dispare keep trying but don't over love and feed them too much.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

There are so many differences between autos, 1 may finish in less than 60 days while another takes 120+ days. I did not look up your plants genetics.
        I have grown Pauls seed and they did fine, they were said to get 18-24 inches tall and they did that (even though I had PH issues), while another was said to get over 48" tall and it did that, it also took longer to finish (130 days). The faster the finish the smaller the plant will be.
        I myself do photo's as there is just more you can do such as cloning, reveging, to make more buds from the same plant.

Comment

Rwise that's what I want to hear. Someone who have grown Paul's seeds in the past. Look at my autos - they look nowhere near what Nebula showed us on Sunday in the weekly newsletter. Mine has the starving puppy look to them. Hers looks like a club stripper with implants. Is it just because her growing skills are so much better? Or is it her seeds are so much better? I'm trying to figure that out.

My growing skills will take a bit more time but I feel I'm getting better day by day. But if I can improve my grow by just changing seed supply then I can do that now.

I agree. Next year's summer outdoor grow will be photos. Just 2 or 3 will keep my eyes red for months & months. Thank you for your reply!
          Canna Coco Or
          Happy Frog soil
          Fox Farms nutrients trio
          Smart pots

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            I've grown both of Paul's autos an photos and many other bigger seed producers and it mostly boils down to knowledge and technique how you handle the care of the plants. I could show you plenty of great autos an photos i've grown from Paul's breeding of seeds. Don't knock breeders for your incompitence duds come from every where. Get tuned into learning your own style of growing quit making your grow a competition within yourself.

The only way to compare his seed to others is buy and grow their seed (I have recently used Graybeards with good results). Nebula is certainly a great grower, one thing to remember with autos is when (not if) you have an issue you have 0 time to fix it, her clock is running. So many differences between autos you would need to find the same hybrid from the same breeder at another supplier to get anything close to a real comparison. I breed my own, like Wet Teddy Bears, these did well outside in the Oklahoma heat, and I seeded them (seeds are F2 regular), I have enuf to share, (if your in the USA). These get 48+" tall, 12-16 weeks from sprout to harvest and for me have made 6 quarts of buds per plant. If you want some of those to try, hit my PM and lets take it to email.

Comment

SoOrbudgal thank you. That too is the info I'm looking for. Since you have grown some of his seeds (with success) it has to be my skill level that is making me question. I read many of your posts here (you're a posting fool...) so I trust your opinion. Thank you for helping this new-b out!!!
            Canna Coco Or
            Happy Frog soil
            Fox Farms nutrients trio
            Smart pots

Comment

Rwise yes you are correct - buy others and compare. I'm gonna look up Graybeards. My grow space in limited indoors but that can change as this hobby grows.

I've worked in Tulsa - hot, hot, hot...

I'm in Michigan, a legal state. Yes I would like to try a few of your seeds. Thank you very, very much - that is a kind offer. I'll send me you a PM after work today.

Thank you for offering your advice - I appreciate it!
              Canna Coco Or
              Happy Frog soil
              Fox Farms nutrients trio
              Smart pots

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X