Dimmable driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Dimmable driver

I have a Sunraise 2000 with a dimmable driver. When this light is on 100% you could land an airplane it's so bright. I am now growing White Widow on 50% setting & they are doing great. I've grown some auto flowers on 100% & they did fantastic. My question I guess is at what setting is the best for plants? Is it different for veg & bud growth? Should I use the minimum light but still growing great or crank it to 100%(uses more electricity) and flood them with light. I look forward to your response. Sincerely Lance. PS I think you guys and GWE are the best.

My personal thoughts and how i grow are......if plants stay healthy and are thriving growing well with 100% after they've been introduced slowly to that light like your doing. You just got to judge how they like it where you sit. If they start to get lighter green to yellow could be to low from canopy of top of plant then raise it or lower dim driver. Sounds like you know this light so just testing is how we all learn, and we all have a little burn learning. Yes this is a good helpful place
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

The best light settings for the plants will vary at times. My thoughts are give them all the LED light they can take with out making them sick. If you are not sure, start slow and work up. One thing I do is place the back of my hand under the light about 20 inches, then slowly move closer to the light. You should notice a particular distance where the heat intensifies rapidly. Find that sweet spot and keep your plant tops just below that level. With my lights that is about 15 inches. Sometimes the light gets turned down if there is a heat management issue happening or heat stress on the plants. If you are using an LED you are already saving $ on power. Some (many?) LED lights don't follow the standard 18" veg, 12" bloom rule. Remember distance and hours of duration are also as important as intensity.
      Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X