Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACE Seeds has a new strain: Filipino Kibungan

Product description Filipino Kibungan:

Highland tropical sativa with a unique fruity aromatic profile. Originating from a remote and mountainous area of northern Philippines, the Filipino Kibungan is easy to grow and extremely mold resistant.

Vigorous and easy to grow, this rare Filipino cultivar comes from a remote and sparsely populated mountain area. Local farmers typically grow small guerrilla patches in secluded locations up in the mountains. Most plants produce a delicious fruity fragrance reminiscent of a sweet and creamy tropical fruit. However some phenotypes tend to also be hazy and woody.

Many plants produce greasy stems with a distinct fruity smell. As they start flowering, the buds have a sweet perfume at first which slowly becomes more complex. It then turns into a rich blend of sweet tropical fruit and spices. The taste is often more woody and spicy though the fruitiness is still present on the exhale.

The Filipino Kibungan is without a doubt an uplifting strain. This fast hitter encourages creativity with its clean and joyful high. However, if harvested late, the effect can be more balanced thus producing a relaxing sensation.

Because of the abundant rainfalls almost throughout the year, this cultivar has developed the ability to withstand extreme humidity. In addition to that, it is also quite cold resistant for a tropical Sativa.

In the Philippines, cannabis cultivation is still punishable by life imprisonment which causes local farmers to be extremely cautious. Therefore, sourcing seeds from that region is very difficult. The war on cannabis along with the introduction of foreign genetics have already made many Filipino landraces disappear. For these reasons, a local Filipino grower offered Khalifa Genetics these heirloom seeds for their reproduction and preservation. It allowed the Khalifa team to preserve this invaluable cultivar before the relentless eradication campaigns and pollen contamination caused it to go extinct.

This unique Filipino landrace is recommended to collectors, preservationists and breeders looking for an easy-to-grow Sativa with outstanding mold resistance and fruity terpenes.

Highland tropical sativa with a unique fruity aromatic profile. Originating from a remote and mountainous area of northern Philippines, the Filipino Kibungan is easy to grow and extremely mold resistant.<br><br> Vigorous and easy to grow, this rare Fil

Here's the strain Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed (1).jpg
Views:	876
Size:	231.3 KB
ID:	538749Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed (2).jpg
Views:	709
Size:	254.2 KB
ID:	538750

Comment

Pretty exciting, I may just grab me some

Comment

Sounds like a great strain. Thanks for the write up.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

I love Ace seeds especially Kali strains.
          Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
          Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
          Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
          Full auto grow
          Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
          12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Looks like they dont send to the United States. I did email them to make sure. I was interested in this weed.
            1 Marshydro tsl 2000 @ 300 watt.
            1 sf2000 @200 watts
            2 philzon @230 watts
            2x4x5 tent
            3x6x8 closet
            Fox Farm ocean forest
            Black gold for seedling
            3 gal pot holes in sides and bottom
            RH 40-60
            Temp 70-80
            Feeding with FF trio with molasses
            calmag and a little flower fuel
            Light at 10 -16 inches above canopy

Finished growing: Durban poison x Atomic Shiva, Dark Matter x Atomic Shiva, Golden Goat x Atomic Shiva and Summit Sweet Skunk x Atomic Shiva

Next up: Apple Fritter 2x, ATF, Og Kush.

Comment

Four months ago I had to cut down an ACE Zamaldelica x Kali China because of my heightened paranoia. That harvest was at least a month early, maybe longer as I've never grown it before. The strain was early harvested but still very powerful.

I have another Zamaldelica x Kali China now, it's about a foot tall. Also have ACE 'Thai Chi' which has Kali parentage but I'm not growing that one yet.

What other ACE strains do you like, Farmbuck ? My last order was loaded with ACE seeds (the Sour Diesel and the Mimosa are not ACE of course, they're just in the order list)

Click image for larger version

Name:	55.PNG
Views:	708
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	540554

Comment

• PeterMatanzas
                PeterMatanzas commented
                Editing a comment
                ACE was sold out of "regulars" so the only choice was feminized. EDIT: The Mimosa is Barney's Farm, offered in feminized only. The Sour Diesel is Royal Queen Seeds, offered feminized only.

• PeterMatanzas
                PeterMatanzas commented
                Editing a comment
                Sour Diesel is extinct, like Road Kill Skunk. I like the RQS diesel even though it's not the original.

• Farmbuck
                Farmbuck commented
                Editing a comment
                PeterMatanzas I like the Panama from Ace, a good yielder. Za X KC is a good hybrid. Well any hybrids with KC I like. Still got some beans of KC left.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X