white powder mildew?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white powder mildew?

May first year growing, outside, been fighting what seems to be WPM, about to harvest and its still on leaves, doesn't look like its on the buds, but being so close it only makes sense some is on the buds. Does anyone know if the plant will be OK to consume?

I don't think your plant is ready to be harvested by the looks of the fluffy little buds.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• RKI
      RKI commented
      Editing a comment
      Wish I could let it go longer and will as long as I can. Not much time left before frost, just got news temp are going up for a week, might help, after a week the night could easly drop below freezing, trying to avoid it, Might trap it, might cry and give up.

Read through these. https://www.growweedeasy.com/search-results?keyword=Wpm
    My guess it's in your buds at this point. You wanna try and catch it before it gets this bad.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

IF its in the buds, toss them for your safety. Air flow must happen, they cannot set wet in high humidity, changing the PH of the leaf surface helps some.

Comment

• RKI
        RKI commented
        Editing a comment
        Might not be in all the buds, not giving up yet

been fighting this for about month, tried other garden home made remedies, neem oil/soap/H202, sometimes while its raining hard in an attempt to rinse it off. Then I found this site and milk-water technic I used right after I posted this photo, spray about gallon and half directly on around and in the buds, it rained 10 hrs laters and I've been spray with fresh water while it was raining to try an rise it off. Have a week nice days coming 70s then might drop below freezing at night. It seem like the cold weather I had for the last week helped, more green was recovering. Here photos from today, stopped rainning long enought for leaves to dry.
      Attached Files

Comment

• RKI
        RKI commented
        Editing a comment
        some of it look worse after spraying with milk water mixers. Wonder if my tap water can cause this stains, some look different then other, and one bud is really bad looking with leaves white tipped, I rinsed with sprayer. though I hit all the stems with buds.

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Neem oil should never be sprayed on buds, it is not safe, many have had issues with it, even hospital trips.
        The milk can leave behind white residue, for me it did not seem to work.

Newbie grower here but lifelong asthmatic. As devastating as it would be to chop your plant down this late in the grow, it would be more devastating to develop a nasty respiratory infection as a result of smoking contaminated bud. And if you plan to share with any of your friends, ethically I would say you're obligated to tell them they may develop a respiratory disease by ingesting it. If that makes you think twice about sharing, I hope it makes you think twice about ingesting it yourself.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X