Discolored Leaves Out of the Ground - White Widow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discolored Leaves Out of the Ground - White Widow

This is one of 4 plants, white widow. Notice the discoloring of the first leaves, they came out like this, right off the bat. The other 3 plants are perfectly normal, healthy, with same care as this one and without this discoloration. In case you are wondering, I started the seeds in the Solo cups, with CFL lighting. This plant was germinated the same way (lightly scuffed in sandpaper roll, in distilled ph adjusted water overnight, then in the soil), and out of the ground <36 hours after putting in soil, just like the others. I am thinking this discoloration may be genetics but I do wonder if others have seen this. I do not think it is related to watering, lighting, soil, or other as it is an otherwise healthy plant. Cotyledons appeared 13 days ago for all 4 plants, all at the same time, growth rate the same for all 4 plants as well. If it is genetics, are there any issues long term? If it is not, I am not too worried as this plant and the 3 others are otherwise perfectly healthy.

Also, in case you are wondering, I am going to transplant from the solo cups today or soon and I have them in my tent with its lighting so that is why they are sitting in the larger 5 gallon containers also in the solo cups, my way of "hardening" them to get ready for the more powerful lighting before transplanting. They have been have been in the tent like this for about 5 days but the discoloration happened right out of the ground.

Happy trails!

Early morning to ya crunchyfrog might just be a bit of splash on those 2 modeld leaf an then a bit of light burn thrown in from the splash. She looks good other wise to me. Just hang in there keep doing what your doing don't stress to much till you see it spread then i would think of TMV which is odd looking like that on leaf but doesn't seem to affect bud growth. But this is young so i think more of splash on leaf. My 2 cents worth
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
      Early morning to ya crunchyfrog might just be a bit of splash on those 2 modeld leaf an then a bit of light burn thrown in from the splash. She looks good other wise to me. Just hang in there keep doing what your doing don't stress to much till you see it spread then i would think of TMV which is odd looking like that on leaf but doesn't seem to affect bud growth. But this is young so i think more of splash on leaf. My 2 cents worth
      Thanks for the comments. East coast here so not quite as early as it is in Oregon. It is just strange, they were like this even as they first started growing and the first leaves opening up, discoloration continued to grow larger as it continued to grow. It does not look like any active mold to me, leaf color on front, back, all the way through the two leaves. Nothing at all on the surfaces of the two leaves like an active mold. If it is genetics, which seems unlikely if you have not seen this, I kind of like odd things anyway...

In any case, it is growing like a weed... ha ha .

Comment

I've had some that grew the same way at first. They basically grew out of it as they matured. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• crunchyfrog
          crunchyfrog commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for the comment. Good to know. Maybe she just wants some attention.

• PLreef
          PLreef commented
          Editing a comment
          You know how they work. Ignore them and you will pay dearly but on the other hand love them unconditionally, pay attention to everything and they will reward you 10 fold.

• crunchyfrog
          crunchyfrog commented
          Editing a comment
          ha ha, true dat!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X