Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plant won’t flower

Hi everyone, hoping someone can help
    first time grower, indoor, dwc. I have 4 plants growing, white widow, mandarin haze, carnival and northern light. I have turned them to flower about 5 weeks ago now and all but the NL have started flowering. The other 3 started producing bud in the first 2 weeks where the NL just keeps vegging and is starting to take up a lot of room.
    Im wondering if I should just pull this one plant and let the other 3 finish their cycle??
    I don’t really have the time to continue waiting and waiting for this one plant….. probably answered my own question there but any input would be appreciated 👍👍

cheers

Got pictures? Have you trained them? They don't have to finish at the same time, you are growing four different strains. You have 3 plants flowering for 3 weeks, you still have a ways to go. NL could explode and surpass the others, or not. Patience is part of this gig.
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Thanks guys for the replies.
      yeah I’m brand new to this but it definitely seems like a strange one to me. It isn’t the most ideal setup as I’m doing it real stealthy. The tent is a 6’ x 3’ x 3’ laying on its side so bugger all growing height for the plants so I’ve been tying them down pretty much from the start. I never realized how quick they can grow big 😂
      I will get some pics today and post them up.
      I’ve been checking to see the sex but it doesn’t appear to be male that I can see. I was told the seeds were feminized.
      they have been through a few short periods of stress also though…. Power outage at one point early in the flowering stage so the light cycle blew out for a couple days and then also some weather extremes…. I live in a dry hot climate so there has been days they’ve experienced some temps around 30 degrees but I’ve got an air con on them now.
      This grow really has just been an experiment for me so I’m stoked I got them this far 😂😂

Comment

Not the easiest to see what’s going on in the photos

Comment

Hey Carlosped,

You are doing so good and well on your way to the finish line! Great job so far. As for your issue with this one Northernlights plant not flowering I can think of a few possible issues:
          1) The non flowering plant could be receiving light during it's dark period on its side of the grow tent. Make sure there is no light coming into the grow tent during it's light off 12 hours night cycle. If there's any small amount of light coming in through a vent or fan hole it could prevent the plant from flowering.

2) Make sure all your plant timers are working correctly, 12 hours straight with light, 12 hours straight ZERO light, cycle repeat.

3) The Northernlights is a photoperiod and not an autoflower strain right? How many weeks have they been growing before you started flowering them?
          Last edited by grefranger; 09-25-2021, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Thanks Grefanger, I appreciate the kind words.
            It really has been a great learning experience throughout this grow. I’m loving every bit of it!
            I think there’s every chance that there’s some light sneaking in on the corner where the NL is growing. It’s probably the most likely scenario. I’ll have another look tomorrow and see if any light is leaking.
            there’s only 1 light timer and it’s been working pretty well. I run it on its own power line now just so there’s no chance of interruption.
            In terms of length of grow, they were all vegging for 8 weeks before changing to 12/12
            and yes I believe they are all photoperiod

cheers again for the feedback

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              She is just late bloomer an i think she is fighting for light an space. She may be the biggest of the strains your growing and just needs more time and needs more time. Even one of my outdoor grew way bigger than my other 3 different strains didn't flower till like 3 wks behind the others. She is stuffed into a greenhouse now outdoors while the others are within 2-4wks from harvest. So yes she'll be the last to finish perhaps. You just don't know when you grow many different strains at once nothing is the same, they are on there own clock. Hang in there

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X