I can’t tell to much or not enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can’t tell to much or not enough

So I burned my first grow with nutes so I’m scared to over feed again. Luckly I saved it but I don’t want to risk burning this one as well. This was a clone from my first crop before I burned them. Showing signs of either a deficiency or burn again. I think deficiency this time. I’ve been following the feed chart for general hydro drain to waste on here. On week 2 right now. I water every second day or so. It’s 40% perlite and 60% coco by volume. I water with nutes at 6.2 ph every other watering. Then just ph balanced water between. I drain about 1/4 of what I water it with as waste. Scared to get a salt build up as I think that’s what happened on my last grow. Anyways does this look like a deficiency or burn?

thanks

Attached Files

Lots going on here@Izzie1701, it looks to be re-vegging and im not sure from the pic but i think i see pistles on the top..which are the beginning of flower. Was your last plant that you cloned already in flower when you took the cutting? Was it a photo? Also, your coco mix looks to be really wet. How well does that pot drain..i think your dealing with root issues..over watering and a re-veg flowering plant. Take another pic looking down at the top of plant. are you giving it cal/mag every feeding?
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Comment

homegrown it drains really well. I actually wondered if it was draining to well and I had to much perlite. I had literally just watered it before that picture. I only water maybe 300-400ml of water and it drains 100ml at least of that out the bottom almost instantly. Watered last night and coco is moist right now but not wet.

this strain has done this both times. When I originally received it it was a clone and it looked to go to flower as a clone. Came from a vegging plant. This plant was under 18/6 when I took the clones. Was outside but was bringing in in the evening for lights to insure it stayed in veg till I wanted to switch it. The clones have been under 20/4 lighting for 2 weeks now (plus 3 weeks while it was rooting). I don’t know what strain it is but do know the first clones did the same thing. They also take like 3 weeks to root which is annoying. Heat mat under cloning dome tray. Mist twice a day with super super light nute solution. Cuttings dipped in powder hormone and cut on a 45. Just for Some reason takes forever to clone. Cloned tomatoes in the same environment (different tray) and had roots in 3 days.

I attached a few top view pics and one of the bottom
      of the pot. It’s about the volume of 3 solo cups. Will be going into fabric pots once it starts to grow a bit. I did this clone and one in super soil and the super soil clone is at least 5 times the size of this one and they were done at the same time. I guess I know next time all the plants are going in super soil.
      Attached Files

Comment

Flush her with PH balance water and don't feed her yet.
        Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
        Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
        Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
        Full auto grow
        Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
        12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Looks like overwatering. Also did you charge your coco before planting? If not that could also be an issue. Dont water until pot gets light, especially early on to force roots to grow out searching for water. Lastly i disagree with farmbuck. You need to feed as coco has no nutrients and will show deficiencies very quickly if you dont feed. That said, wait until pot is light to feed/water again.

Comment

• Tersky
            Tersky commented
            Editing a comment
            Farmbuck no disrespect meant. I grow exclusively in coco (and have for 4 years) and know from experience that flushing without adding at least a little feed will wash all the nutes. No arguing on the ph being out of whack and flushing to correct, just that with coco deficiencies will show themselves much faster than soil and it is better to have a little feed. What i would do is flush half with plain ph'd water and then half with light feed with cal mag. This ensures that ph is corrected but plants are not left starving while pot dries out.

• Farmbuck
            Farmbuck commented
            Editing a comment
            Tersky No problemo bud.Yeah Cal-Mag is a good medicine for them.

Cheers,

FarmBuck

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree with Tersky says i see alge on that root cube too wet.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X