Where have all the pistils gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where have all the pistils gone?

This... these 2 plants have been trouble since the day I (stupidly) decided to put them both in one 4gal pot. They had trouble at the onset of flowering. I put them out in the garden for some sun therapy. They took off and flowered OK. Then after I made room inside the grow room I put it back inside... I know, should have left it outside! Well now it seems about a week or so till harvest and I don’t know where the pistils have gone. I thought I had some thripe damage. So, last week I trimmed the damage and treated with peroxide/soap spray and DE. When I took the pics today I believe I saw some web strands...spider mites? There are only a few white pistils on some new growth since the DE treatment. Any one ever noticed pistils evaporating into thin air? Not tuning orange and curling in, but gone!? I hope she makes it another week or 2. Flushing now.Click image for larger version

Name:	3D122F24-7A50-4A52-B9B1-ED5B0AE1AFD9.jpeg
Views:	514
Size:	2.02 MB
ID:	538209Click image for larger version

Name:	0D5986C3-8B23-430C-9767-77DB53FCC60B.jpeg
Views:	443
Size:	2.28 MB
ID:	538210Click image for larger version

Name:	27C7A2C7-412E-47B1-8003-B772ABDC202C.jpeg
Views:	439
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	538211
    New indoors grower.
    super soil, Pmoss, perlite mix
    2-100w dimmable quantum led panels
    2’x3’ grow space lined with auto windshield reflectors.
    4” carbon filter + other exhaust fans + one 6” fan on the plants.
    Dyna Grow + nutrients

Is it photo and is grow room on 12/12 lighting? It looks like it is revegging to me.

Comment

NL auto on12/12. 4 of them been in the dirt since 6/7. That’s 14 weeks. Trying to get on with it. Flipped them to 12/12 @ 4weeks ago.
      New indoors grower.
      Dyna Grow + nutrients

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Who taught you to give auto flowers lighting at 12/12 ? No wonder it's looking the way it is.

Review this, it may get you going.

What are auto-flowering strains and what should you expect when you grow one? Learn what you need to know and get the pros and cons of auto-flowering vs photoperiod strains, and get grow tips and secrets to getting better yields/potency!
      2X4X6 Quictent
      1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
      600w LED (80)
      1000w LED (180)
      2 X Viparspectra P-1000
      2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
      6" battery/usb fans
      Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
      GH trio with Calimagic
      Lung room humidifier
      3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
      ArmorSi, kelp when needed
      Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
      Northern Lights auto
      (Seedsman)
      auto 00 Kush
      (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
      2x Northern lights auto
      1 auto 00 Kush
      1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
      Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

Thanks Catfish22. I realize the difference but 14 -15 weeks for an auto supposed to be done in 10-12?
        New indoors grower.
        Dyna Grow + nutrients

Comment

• Catfish22
          Catfish22 commented
          Editing a comment
          But did you read it?

The breeder tells us 10-12 weeks, what we see is closer to 14-16 weeks or more.
        I also agree it looks like reveg and fox-tailing. IF it is reveg it is not an auto.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          The plant was grown on 12/12 it's a auto it had wrong lightings for too long.

Pistils disappeared on my dwarf NL auto
        Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
        Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
        Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
        Various size fabric grow bags
        Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
        4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
        Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Yes, thanks Puglover1, I had 6 that seemed to be dwarfs. Also every one of them look entirely different. They my yield @ 1-2 Oz each, but some of that low yield is my own f-ups for sure. But other reviewers questioned (auto vs. photo) re. this NL strain on the i49 website .
          But re-veg after going to 12/12 (in order to get the to finish a bit sooner)? FYI most (4) of them did seem to respond to the flip by growing and making more bud. But that was with the lights moved down to @ 12-14”. Rwise says 14-16weeks ... thanks, OK then, time to toke n’chill till amber lights appear.
          New indoors grower.
          Dyna Grow + nutrients

Comment

• Smoklahoma
            Smoklahoma commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm shocked I-49 sent you any seeds at all. All they did for me was steal my money!

GuitboxTom My seeds were Seedsman freebies: NL & Lemon, autos, because my 3 gelato auto seeds were duds. My second grow, first autos. They were so tight-noded I could hardly do anything with them to train or separate for light access. They flowered early. I harvested the Lemon in three sessions so the underneath buds could mature. The NL dwarf was 4 inches tall and weighed 1/8th oz dried, I smoked it in 24 hours and I don't think I got high. Here's that plant, chopped whole, it was done growing. Things seemed to go south after I removed two large fan leaves on top. The top leaves I chopped, and the other NL are also pictured. My cat chewed on the bigger NL when it was young.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Jul19RuntChop.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	912.3 KB
ID:	538380Click image for larger version

Name:	Jun17runt.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	538381Click image for larger version

Name:	Jul14ChewyTop.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	538382
          Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
          Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
          Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
          Various size fabric grow bags
          Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
          4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
          Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

i49 did OK by me. 2 out of 8 didn’t come up and they sent me 4 replacement seeds quickly when I notified them. Can’t complain about that. Now it seems seedsman has a much better selection of higher CBD and 1:1 strains. So(from seedsman), I have 3 germinated and in 4”pots under an LED. 1. cream and cheese, 1. Black Sugar, 1 lemon auto. Hoping to avoid the mistakes of the last indoor grow which is now awaiting harvest.
            Hey Puglover1, I guess I’ll have to call my plants stunted, not real dwarfs compared to those cute buggers. I very much appreciate your sharing. I think there is much to be learned from each plant grown. Thanks.
            New indoors grower.
            Dyna Grow + nutrients

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	88C746C4-10A6-4A75-BE92-5D6425B91593.jpeg
Views:	322
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	538809Click image for larger version

Name:	33EF307B-9D3E-4DCF-93BD-657C3AC12B1A.jpeg
Views:	317
Size:	2.05 MB
ID:	538810Click image for larger version

Name:	EAB194A1-21C4-4137-BAAE-F3D8EE8A1D82.jpeg
Views:	322
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	538811 Hey there Puglover1, here are pics of my 3 pots. Although all are stunted NL autos.
              One seems quite normal, with dense buds showing a little purple, the second one looks OK. All the leaves are real small. It has pretty dense buds showing a bit more purple. The third pot has the 2 sickly ones, that seemed to be trying to reveg, no purple buds, with new bud growth which is encouraging, since the trichomes 10 %clear, 60%cloudy, @25%white with only very few amber. Rwise seems to know his stuff cause here we are at week 15 and 1or2 more to go.
              New indoors grower.
              Dyna Grow + nutrients

Comment

• Puglover1
                Puglover1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Rwise definitely knows his stuff. You have some nice chunky buds, and pistils. Thinking back, I started my autos on 24/0 then switched to 18/6 so that they had 'rest' time. Maybe that stunted mine?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X