Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please advise how I should treat my best plant; first grow newbie needs help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please advise how I should treat my best plant; first grow newbie needs help!

This plant is Trainwreck strain grown for a seed germinated mid July. It is my best plant as all the others except one are dead or sickening.

I really need to take care of this baby who appears healthy right now. Plant is growin as a nice green bush, at least so far

She is living in a grow tent at 21 C 65%RH in a self watering pot. There is a great bush of healthy looking roots coming out of the bottom of the soil pot (see photo) and everyday I add an inch or so of water plus half strenghth Canna Coca A+B nutrients which are sucked up by the next day. Do I just keep on doing this...plant is just over a foot tall now and on 24 hours light from a Spider Farmer LED light. I presume it is too soon to switch to 12 hours darkness? Or is it?

Do I consider transpanting to a bigger pot (but what about the roots?). Some days I gently bend the side branches away from the main centra stem to try to encourage width - is this correct?

Any other advice please

IMO the only way to save that plant is to cut the pot away and repot it. Next grow dont use the pots you are using as you dont want roots growing out of the inner pot and growing like they are unless it is in it's final pot, which i think the pot you are using is way too small. You can flip to 12/12 whenever you want as it depends on the type of grow you are doing. Microgrows spend little time in veg where as grows in larger pots (like i do) spend 2 months in veg. Plant is definitely root bound, poor thing.

Also recommend an 18/6 light schedule for veg as the plant needs dark time too.

Comment

Thank you for most helpful comments...agree that these pots may not be a good idea...will try 18/6 instead of 24hrs light...inclined to keep plant in same pot for now

Presumably for most grows plants travel through 3 or 4 or more pot sizes as they grow?

Comment

• Rik
        Rik commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi sandyinlondon. To answer your question about repotting, that sounds like way too many times to move pots. Some growers will move up to bigger pots once or even twice, whereas some (like myself) prefer to plant the seed in their final pot right from the start to avoid having to repot. If you do this, you have to take extra care to not overwater when they’re seedlings. But 3 or 4 (or more) seems excessive.

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        Generally, i start mine in a solo cup then repot into final pot when plant is thriving (usually 3-4 weeks in). I agree that 3-4 times repotting is excessive and will cause your plant to take longer as it has to recover from repotting every time. I use fabric pots which air prune roots so plants dont get root bound.

Dont get discouraged. Growing cannabis is a lot harder than people think, but once you get the hang of it things get easier. It took me 2 years before i harvested over an ounce per plant, now i average 3 oz per plant.

Sandy it seems you are struggling with way too many plant and general grow problems and are losing ground. May I suggest that you go to the main GWE site and study carefully in the many plant tutorials and articles on growing. A lot of help to be found there.
      Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
      Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
      Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
      Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
      Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
      i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
      My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
      make pH correction unnecessary
      Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
      8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
      Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
      Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Bigger pot make it your last pot. Keep it simple
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X