Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friends need your help! the leaves turn yellow at the seedling stage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO Friends need your help! the leaves turn yellow at the seedling stage!

Friends, help me figure it out!

First I will describe my conditions! - Tap water 110 ppm - LED QB288 Rspec 250 Watt light works at half the power! - Advanced Nutrients three-component Fertilizers Micro Grow Bloom

now I'll tell you how it was!
    after they have sprouted! they were planted in the system! I made the solution on the recommendation of the fertilizer manufacturer! I added 1 ml/l of each component and it turned out 410 ppm! The second week I changed the solution completely and added 2 ml/l of each component, it turned out 600 ppm
    the yellowness on the leaves appeared after the first week! I thought it was a magnesium or iron deficiency! and I changed the solution and added 2 ml / l of fertilizers! I keep the ph of the solution within 5.7-6.0
    drip irrigation works constantly!
    The temperature in the box is 23-25 C - humidity is 40-60%
    Inside, there is a fan on top that turns 360 degrees to blow the plants!
    Last edited by GhettoStyle; 09-22-2021, 02:39 AM.

Howdy GhettoStyle, I do not use the Advanced nutrients line, I have been using the General Hydroponics MaxiGrow and Bloom line. To me the plants appear to be under feed, but first, what is the water temperature? Is the water being aerated? I use four 4 inch by two inch air stones in each of my six gallon reservoirs andd I keep the water temperature between 62° F and 70° F to keep down the brown algae (which can cause nutrient and pH looking symptoms).I would also reccomend covering the hydroton pebbles with aluminum foil to block out all possible light intrusions into the reservoirs.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• GhettoStyle
      GhettoStyle commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I use aerator stones in each pot, one stone! I do not know what the problem is but I have in the same conditions everything is fine and then this is such a bullshit! the bushes have now become even worse I checked the solution the pH fell from 6.0 to 5.4
      I attached the latest photos from below!
      Last edited by GhettoStyle; 09-23-2021, 04:58 AM.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00179.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	538246
    Attached Files

Comment

• DW2
      DW2 commented
      Editing a comment
      In the second photo, I can see the green algae growing on the hydroton pebbles. You might try giving them a dose of 3% to 5% hydrogen peroxide (about 2 to 4 ounces per gallon), then cover over the entire tops of the planters with aluminum foil to block the light and reduce the algae growth. The pH will change as the nutrients are taken up but the plants and this is normal. A complete flush with only pH'ed water (to 6.0) with the H2O2 to clean out the system may be needed to kill off any algae in the planter. let it stand (with air and nutrient pumps running) for a day and then drain and re fill with the nutrient solution.
      In the past with my bubble phonics style reservoirs, I have never needed to give less nutrient than was recommended by the manufacturer (for the current growth phase).
      Good luck with Your grow.

bro why do you think that algae is to blame!? I wrote to the manufacturer of aquafarm pots GHE they said that the algae does not cause any harm! I have a diary on Growdiaries and there were algae even more than right now and everything was fine!

Comment

here I think there is a problem with nutrition since the leaves are of this color! algae can't do that! I thought that on your forum they would immediately tell me what my problem is! since the guys from Growdiaries said to write here! but it seems that no one can help me here either(((
      here is a link to my old diary on Growdiaries - https://growdiaries.com/diaries/4893...le/week/397843

Comment

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        I can understand your frustration. Similar symptoms can be caused by various problems, i.e., yellowing leaves may be caused by pH problems, iron deficiencies (as well as other trace nutrients deficiencies), plant aging (although, I would not say that is the problem at the stage of growth that Your plants are in), as well as over/under watering. Go to the main GWE sight ]http://www.growweedeasy.com/home[/] and look at plant problems. There one can see the symptoms and causes of them and how to fix it. It is where I got a large portion of the information that has made Me a better grower.
        And the algae can cause pH fluctuations and as the pH changes, different nutrients become less usable as others become more easily absorbed,
        Last edited by DW2; 09-23-2021, 04:18 PM. Reason: additional information

Man GhettoStyle the above suggestions by DW2 seem like good ideas. I think your stones are the issue.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

How do the roots look? Does that ring really give enough water to the roots seeing as it is so far away from the plant? Is the root system touching the water in the res?
        Algae can affect grows btw as algae feeds of the same nutes that you are feeding the plant therefore starving plant.

Comment

• DW2
          DW2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank You Tersky, That was another point that I was wondering about

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X