Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Grow! And they're almost grown :)

Hello all,

Doing my first grow here, outside on a south-facing balcony.
    A couple of mistakes done on the ways, but they are still alive and kicking! Flowers have just started "splitting up" and exploding out a couple of days ago, now building buds. Attaching some pics, also some closeups of flowers.

What can I expect from here on out? I must confess it's tricky understanding exactly where they are in the flowering stages.
    I'm using this as a reference, can I assume they are at approximately week 4 or 5?

M.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by stridex; 09-20-2021, 03:35 AM.

Not enuf info, but you have weeks to go yet.

Comment

Pretty nice plants. They look healthy. But like Rwise said, you still have a few weeks to go. Do you have a jeweler's loupe to look at the trikes?
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Originally posted by PLreef View Post
        Pretty nice plants. They look healthy. But like Rwise said, you still have a few weeks to go. Do you have a jeweler's loupe to look at the trikes?
        Thanks for checking out the pics. Preparing for weeks... Loupe ordered!

Comment

What you're in for next is a test of your patience. Good thing you're getting a loupe - 40× or better.
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

The grow did face some challenges though, I'll try to summarize below.

There's 2 Amnesias and 4 Black Jacks.
            30 LTR fabric pots with this soil.

It can become quite warm and windy here, so depending on that I tried an "on demand" watering and nutrient scheme. Learning how to read what they needed when.
            During Veg this was fairly easy. Except for me making the mistake of not using enough volume, eventually giving some salt buildup and high pH.
            (Any recommended EC and pH values on the run-off water anyone?)
            I was nuting with Trabe BACHUMUS EVOLUTION C, this.

Switching when they went into flowering a few weeks back was quite challenging. Also a couple of massive rainfalls AND soil becoming pretty depleted did not simplify it.
            My current approach in case of rainfalls is providing nutes just after the rain, in case pots were flushed.

So these days:
            One day apply nutes, next time apply nutes, then next time again just plain destilled water.
            Do this every time pots are dry and they need it, which can be every 1-2 days.

I'm using:
            Trabe BACHUMUS EVOLUTION F, this - 5 ml/liter
            Battle FERTILIZANTE COGELLADON, this - 5 ml/liter
            Sensi CAL-MAG, this, 2 ml/liter (
            Kelkat MIX EDTA, this, 2-3 g/liter

I do still have a problem with the oldest leaves slowly yellowing and being consumed though.

For the main nutes, Trabe and Battle - I'm still following the manufacturer recommended dosages. But the plants are pretty big by now, approximately 1.2 meters tall.
            Should I increase dosage? This is my first grow so a bit lost still

A couple of pics included.

/stride
            Attached Files
            Last edited by stridex; 09-21-2021, 05:48 AM.

Comment

• Puglover1
              Puglover1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi, distilled water is not suggested for cannabis plants. Also, looking at your pots and the soil website I think you should add more perlite next time. Even though there is some in your soil it's hard to see much in your pots.

Originally posted by Canuck147 View Post
            What you're in for next is a test of your patience. Good thing you're getting a loupe - 40× or better.
            Argh.... patience cannot be ordered on Amazon!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X