Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannabis capsules are too strong

So as the title says.
    the last batch of cannabis capsules I made are too strong.
    I have close to 100 gel caps, they're way to strong, and I'm looking for a way to this them down.
    I'm hoping that someone here has had this problem before and has some suggestions.

Is there a way to dissolve the gel gaps while saving the coconut oil?
    I could then just add more coconut oil and re cap them.

Thanks for any advice.

Mike
    Cannabis capsules 4 all 💊

First Grow Northern Lights

"I will always be improving "(tinkering)"
    "Not all those who wander are lost"
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Are they one capsule strong? If not then take less capsules. If so then I’d pull them apart and fill 100 other capsules 1/2 full. Then you’ll have 200 less potent capsules

Comment

I have to take calcium, 9 pills/day, for an endocrine disease. My usuals aren't available, I had to buy an alternative, it's in gel caps, not tablets. They are 000 size and sometimes I have trouble swallowing them, if I can't I save it to dry out and use again. So what I can say is that they start getting soft pretty fast in the back of my mouth, upper throat. (I have dry mouth from Sjogren's syndrome.) I'm wondering if you could melt it all together and start over, the gelatin can't really hurt, you're taking it together anyway. I'm not sure if it's fluid (saliva) that makes them soft or body heat in my mouth/throat, my temperature always runs low, 96-97F. Maybe you can Google that part. Seems it might be easier than trying to empty them. Or, could you make them hard (freezer?) then cut them in half with a pill cutter and recap the halves?
      Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
      Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
      Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
      Various size fabric grow bags
      Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
      4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
      Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Make a rack of spikes to hold the gel caps and a catch pan underneath. Open the capsules and place them opening down on the spikes. Heat gently. The coconut oil should melt out and collect tin the catch pan. Then just re-formulate with a lower dose.
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• Puglover1
          Puglover1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Will the capsules melt from the heat though? Would they still contain oil that sticks to the insides? I had to Google out of curiosity with my calcium caps:
          "Unfortunately, this does mean that gelatin will melt in a warm environment. This happens when it sits in hot temperatures, around 95 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit, for too long. ... " Not sure what 'too long' is but they start to breakdown in less than a minute in my mouth/throat, 97F.

• Ckbrew
          Ckbrew commented
          Editing a comment
          There are gel caps that are made of different formulas and have different melting properties. Water is what softens them the fastest. There are hard and soft capsules depending on the formulation. So will they melt, maybe. If they are hard gel caps they should hold up long enough to melt out the coconut oil. Shouldn't take a lot of heat to accomplish that. There will be some product loss unless the capsules can be reused.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X