Help - Is it time to chop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - Is it time to chop?

I grew these outdoors (started 7/15ish) in the Northeast and it has been a soggy summer to say the least. Every time it dried out enough to cut the lawn, there would be a thunderstorm on the way the next next day. My expectations are low and I have already been carving out bud rot where I see it. These are auto Gelato and White LSD from MSNL. I have never grown autos before, but these buds just dont seem to have filled in. Usually when growing photo Fems I have nice dense buds. But...looks like most the pistols are browning and I can't really tell if I am seeing any more growth. I have a hard time with the trichomes cause my old eyes suck. I am thinking chop chop, or minimally chop the tops and let the underlings have another week or so.. I may even be late. What do you think? Thanks for your input.
    -Seymor

Hi, the 5th pic is the best I can view trichome colors. If you take pics of top/upper part of buds it's easier to view the trichs after enlarging, instead of the entire bud/cola. On some pics I see leaves that look like white powder, hope they're trichs but I'm not sure. Two months is pretty fast to be ready, I get know you're dealing with the weather.
    Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
    Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
    Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
    Various size fabric grow bags
    Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
    4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
    Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Ya, I agree, 2 months seems short. But, both of these are supposed to be 8-10 weeks from seed so ?? That's why I am asking. I'll post some better close ups tomorrow. Maybe I go do some fun night time flash photos now.

Comment

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Those are the best pics. I grew autos this summer, NL and Lemon, was supposed to be 3 Gelato autos but the seeds were duds. So were my plants. Dwarves. Autos often can go 3 months or longer, especially outdoors. The seed companies usually lowball the time. Can you set up a box fan outside to help with the moisture/humidity? Many outdoor growers have had issues with rot & mold this year in the US. Right near the end, it's a shame.

I wasn't able to get any pictures that showed anything more really. I did put a scope on some trichomes and they are almost entirely clear still, a few milky, none amber. This is just a confusing year. Nearly all the pistols are brown, fighting rot, and crystal clear sap. I guess I will wait it out and see what happens. I may move operations inside next time. Anyone sick of wild fires and dust bowls, come on up to the NE. We got all the water you can imagine.

Comment

Last year we had a drought in the NE and this year has been soggy. I'm having a hard time controlling the RH in my indoor grow because of how humid it's been. Silver lining for me is that because of all the extra moisture we've gotten this year mushroom foraging has been excellent.
        I think you have a good plan with cutting the larger buds off the top and let the lower ones grow for a few more weeks.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X