Fall rain has arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fall rain has arrived

Woke up to gusty winds and rain early. It's coming down hard at our place so grateful for the rain.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

They tell us we will get some rain from this front, but the biggie is this front ends summer heat here, let the cool begin! Glad your getting the much needed rain, hope I get some of it!

Comment

• soonboomer
      soonboomer commented
      Editing a comment
      They're saying low humidity on the way too. If we can get a few weeks like that we can get some hay in the barn.

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      A week ago you could have came and bailed my filed (mostly johnson grass), but I picked up a kubota L345 and hooked it to my 5 foot king kutter brush hog.

Glad you're getting some rain there SoOrbudgal ! We've had the total opposite here, been a wet summer. I think all the rains brought on
    the colors in some trees here early this year. Supposed to get some fall like weather coming in tomorrow. I'm ready for the drier air.
    This little one showing off early

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3434.JPG
Views:	248
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	537278

Attached Files
    "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      I have trees dying from no water, not going to be colourful here this year.

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Well it's raining hard this a.m. i do believe it's put out the fires in the canyon above us that's been burning since July. All the maples along the hwy that were spared are turning. I attempted to drive up to Diamond Lake but was turned back by smoke a few days ago, just wanted to go and reflect up there with my dogs to much ugly fire distruction. We have a great park very large city park with loads of different fall shades so that's where i'm going to walk next week. I can't drag my pots out for photos do to rain but Monday we'll get clear skies i think an i'll take them outside in the sunshine again. It appears we'll have a good winter and hopefully all fires will be extinguished. Keep them pics coming GreenState

Fall is among us. Here we have cool nights and waking up to cold morning. Leaves are changing color. Happy you are getting rain now.
    Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
    Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
    Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
    Full auto grow
    Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
    12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

My mutant squirrel is happy for you!

On another note, several years back I noticed the black walnut tree dropping early, we had an unbelievably mild winter. I started monitoring when they dropped. Well, the other day I saw large green balls that just fell, I'm fearing a rough winter, I wanna run away from home. Kids these days, nobody wants to mow lawns, or shovel sidewalks or small driveways to make money. My lawnmowerman is in his 50's or better, he drives truck, is on the elementary school board and manages 13 lawns out here. I have no one affordable for snow removal. Upside: if I can only enter or exit my home via the overhead garage door for two months again EverClear stock will being going up, time to make oil.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SquirrelTail.png
Views:	254
Size:	503.1 KB
ID:	537317
      Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
      Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
      Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
      Various size fabric grow bags
      Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
      4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
      Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Rwise they seriously make everyone pay more if others didn't pay their bills? No assistance for those who couldn't pay? We have LIHEAP and PIPP here, I thought it was federal money that helps people with energy assistance. I know OK is oil country (Tulsa) but do they use much solar anywhere there? Seems y'all get a lot of sun. I was pro solar in the late 70's when we thought nuclear was the worst thing to worry about. Later, in the 90's, I worked for a place that made anti-contamination products for the nuclear power industry: suits, glove bags, tents, lead containments ... it reminded me of watching Silkwood. I learned where barrels of waste are buried, some being in the SF Bay. Golden, CO, isn't too great either. Many people in that industry were former navy, nuclear subs.

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Puglover1 Its the big cities that buy from the grid then sell to their town/city, they used millions of $ in electricity and made deals to only pay for part of it. I deal direct with AEP/PSO for my lights, and ONG for heat. And on top of that my royalties have been held until they get their money from gas sells.
        I helped those that fought the nukes, a good friend stopped many world wide including the one they wanted to put here (Blackfox).
        Those assistance programs help those that make much less than I, many near me get LIHEAP.
        Would luv to go solar, maybe a windmill or 2, and get off the grid (or supply it), we all need to look at this!
        I wonder how Texas is dealing with the cost of last year, and just wait until they see what this year brings. Lets just say get out the heavy coats and shovels.

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Rwise - That sounds like a mess with the gas thing. Don't get me started on Texas, lol. IL had 6-7 ComEd plus 2 IL Power Co (names at the time) nuclear power plants. We never had any major incidents but I knew who bought what so if I delivered an order (got me out of the office so I could get high) I knew if I was going to a safer plant, or not. The plant closest to me ordered the least. When a plant in Stowe VT's 20 years was up, they pulled the rods and shut down the reactor. We made 7 tents and inch-thick lead wall containments and sent a crew out there for that. I should have my old boss make me a custom grow tent! With gloves sleeves and windows I'd rarely have to open it. They should get into the canna tent business, they used to make custom boat covers. One time the boss had to go look at a job at a plant, they had to go into a hot area, everyone had to strip down and change into 'containment garb' - he didn't wear underwear.

Noticed yesterday it appears the hummingbirds have flown the coup for warmer climes down south. And............I'm seeing people putting out
      mums...I hate mums!!!!, they're a sure sign fall is here and winter is coming rapidly 44 degrees here this AM.
      "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
        Bowhunterwoody commented
        Editing a comment
        Our hummies left 2 days ago. Usually around the archery opener. A little later this year.

My knee hurts, we will get rain here tonight, maybe not a lot, the big thing is this is the front that changes summer to fall. I need rain, it's been 75 or so days since that last rain, I hope we get an inch or more. Then dry air moves in, RH down to near 35%

Comment

• Puglover1
        Puglover1 commented
        Editing a comment
        All summer the humidity has had my knees screaming. One day last month it sprinkled then rained, a one-hour storm, my knees didn't hurt for that hour but it was right back when the sun came back out. I was in Boulder for vacay in the 80's, temp 90, RH 4%. I never felt better, wanted to move there, I sure the heck should have.

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        I looked into moving to CO a few years ago, grows were everywhere and prices out of reach. I do luv it there, took my kids to the mountains every year, first stop Colorado Springs.

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        I looked into moving to CO a few years ago, grows were everywhere and prices out of reach. I do luv it there, took my kids to the mountains every year, first stop Colorado Springs.

Not a lot, almost nothing for me, the cooler weather is nice yesterday was the first day in some time the AC did not kick on all day. Maybe this cool will give me some purple, and the dry air will keep bud rot at bay!

Comment

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes they are i have one also Jimmynuetron it's got a blue top wish i had bought white though.

Pop ups are great for covering your bud during those rain storms

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X