New grower pics and defoliation question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New grower pics and defoliation question

First time grower and 27 days since seedlings emerged. I have 4 autos, 2x Apple Pie(sativa), 2x King Tut(indica)

I’ve done some LST on the outer plants which are the Apple Pie, but the KIng Tut has been pretty short and wide and not sure if I should defoliate as it is getting pretty thick foliage.

Thanks for any thoughts and for checking out my pics.

I would trim leaves blocking bud sites on pic 1 - not necessarily defoliate the whole thing I would strategically remove leaves - couple at a time - then a couple of days later a few more that are blocking bud sites - and if they grow back as fast as you remove them then do it for a few weeks.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Originally posted by Canuck147 View Post
      I would trim leaves blocking bud sites on pic 1 - not necessarily defoliate the whole thing I would strategically remove leaves - couple at a time - then a couple of days later a few more that are blocking bud sites - and if they grow back as fast as you remove them then do it for a few weeks.
      Thanks, I’ll do that. Just got some proper trimming tools in and will get on it tonight. I’ve seen some really impressive before and after pics of defoliation, but have also read as a noob to just leave them be.

Comment

Didn’t go crazy with defoliation and really tried to limit it to any leaves covering flower locations. Some big fan leaves on the bottom of the plant were left, just wasn’t sure if they should go or not.

Comment

Plants are a nice green - let us know if she grows the leaves back as fast as I think she can. If that happens keep exposing bud sites and this could be your plant soon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1182.JPG
Views:	164
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	536991
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Thanks for the inspiration. I did about everything wrong in the first 2 weeks of my grow so nice to still have some healthy plants, almost like it’s a weed….

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X