Dead leaves or Bud rot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead leaves or Bud rot?

Not sure if this is bud rot or dead leaves from when my plant was not doing as good earlier this year. They are doing better now but friends say it’s dead leaves but I believe it’s rud rot! I can take some of it out but not all of it.

Yes, sorry to say that is bud rot.
    Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

So I should get rid of the plant right?

Or what should I do?

Comment

Start here: https://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabi...oblems/bud-rot

You will have to decide how to proceed. Does the entire plant look like that or just parts. You want to get rid of anything that has rot on it. If there is something left that is not contaminated u might get some salvage.
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

If you have clean parts of the plant, cut off the afflicted parts and harvest now... I had the same problem and managed to salvage half of the plant... Good Luck Muskie Man
          Potting Soil Pro-Mix HP.
          Grow Light Phlizon 1200 watts LED grow light.
          Grow Tent 36 inches by 36 inches by 72 inches high.
          Circulation 2 six inch fans.
          Humidity 48% to 54% depending when I water the plants.
          Temperature 70 degrees F. with lights off. 78 degrees F. with lights on.

Comment

That is the same problem I have. I live in a very humid state and grow outside but feel that I've been able to overcome this problem by keeping a constant eye on my plant and removing any that look that way. I only have 2 plants so it's not too hard. I was hoping it was not bud rot because it didn't seem to spread fast like I've read it would. I don't want to harvest yet because my buds are so close to ready and I think I can continue inspecting and removing until harvest time. That said, is it a normal part of the growth process for leaves to begin turning yellow and dying as the buds mature??? If you didn't have any other issues that is. This is my 1st grow and it's so much fun! Thanks for your advice!

Comment

• Michoro
              Michoro commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you. I'll keep taking off the dead leaves and try not to worry too much. I am amazed at how attached to my plants I have become!

• billyboy
              billyboy commented
              Editing a comment
              Do you ever try throwing a tarp up when the rain is coming? Keeping all that excess water out of the buds can be a savior

I have not worked out the logistics of a tarp but I will next year. I do keep a little oscillating fan on them though. I have learned a lot this first year. I really appreciate this forum. So many questions that I can't seem to figure out on my own.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X