No announcement yet.

The beginning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I said I'm quite happy so far - TOKABIGONE you can see where I drilled some holes . I spread the big girls wings a bit with some old pipe cleaners I found . If I'm doin' things wrong I'll appreciate any help .

Comment

I do see them and your girls will thank you for it! The extra air will help them flourish by allowing the roots to breathe. If you can get some earthworm castings I would top dress with them as well as make a tea from it with your nettle. I have not used nettle but have read it has benefits.
      Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
      Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
      Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
      Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
      Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
      i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
      My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
      make pH correction unnecessary
      Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
      8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
      Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
      Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
        UndergroundFarmer commented
        Editing a comment
        Seconded. You're missing out if you're growing in soil or coco and not using worm poop. I've grown bigger and frostier buds than ever after I found that trick.

• LankyBird
        LankyBird commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok, thank you both . Just have to look around an find the worm toilet .

• LankyBird
        LankyBird commented
        Editing a comment
        UndergroundFarmer & TOKABIGONE worm poop ordered today . A bucket full .

Will look around for some information on worm castings . There is sooo much I don't know - and I think that the hardest part is yet to come . But I'll get by with a little help from my friends . And another guy gave me a nice thumbs up , but I crashed my connection to the Forum before I could remember who . So thanks to everybody .

Comment

I decided to make my bins more flexible - for turning - as they are gettng heavy for an old guy like me . Here is what I did .Click image for larger version

Name:	mounted_swivels.JPG
Views:	98
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	536967
        Attached Files

Comment

Oops how did that beer get in here?

Comment

• UndergroundFarmer
            UndergroundFarmer commented
            Editing a comment
            No worries. I'm guilty of occasional product placement of local brews in my photos too.

I've found a source for worm castings in Austria . Will get some there .

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	both_girls.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	775.2 KB
ID:	537234
            Attached Files

Comment

Still don't know how to post photos & comment . Never mind - these are the latest snapshots of my two babies - two Northern Lights on Day 32 (after placing them into soil in pots) . Am still happy with the way things are going . But I am really amazed at the difference in size between the two . Both were germinated at the same time . Both got the same nutrients and lights etc . The only difference was , that the original pot size was different . I replanted the smaller one into a larger pot (ca. 2¹/² Gallon pots - 10 litres ) on day 26 . Now they are both in the same sized pot . What a difference !

Comment

• Puglover1
                Puglover1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi there, you might have to train the taller one so that they get even light and you don't run out of head room during flower. Those crispy yellowed bottom leaves won't repair. Does your soil have perlite in it? Nice looking plants.

My maternal grandparents were from Germany/Alsace-Lorraine for Grandfather and Germany/Bohemia for grandmother. Grandpa used to sing Oh Tannenbaum every Christmas, in German (Deutsch?) Grandma made the best molasses cookies and another cookie at Christmastime, I never got her recipes.

• LankyBird
                LankyBird commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi Puglover1 , thank you for your interest and good advice . I'm not sure how I can train the taller one without breaking her neck . Must read up a bit more . I've still got about two feet to go to my lights . They are pretty cool (two spider farmer 100W) temperaturewise . I've clipped off the lower withered leaves . And , no I don't have anything in the soil .
                So you have German ancestors - and maybe relations over here? I remember Oh Tannenbaum very well - man that's a long, long time ago .

• Puglover1
                Puglover1 commented
                Editing a comment
                I'd imagine I do. Actually my grandmother was the first child of 17, she was born here, her parents weren't. You might want to try to supercrop that tall cola, to keep things even. It might even help the rest of the plant to grow more bud. Weird how they're so different, isn't it?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X