Bedroom/Grow room conversion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bedroom/Grow room conversion.

I have a guest bedroom that has never been used. I was thinking of converting the whole room. Currently using a 4x4, a 4x3 custom, and a 2.5x2.5. It seems silly to have all these separate grow tents. I'm an excellent carpenter and can build any thing the room needs. Looking for some suggestions from those who have done this before. Even with all the knowledge of my own grows and the information from the internet, I'd like to hear from folks at GWE. I value and appreciate the vast accumulative knowledge here. Thanks.

The only thing thing I regret about building my grow room is that I didn't build 2 rooms. One for veg, one for flower. This winter I'll start on the second one.
    One thing I will say is make sure you have enough room in your breaker panel for extra circuits. I added 3 20amp circuits and tied into 2 existing 15amp circuits. Ill have to add a separate sub panel for the next room build, mine is full now.
    5x5 Gorilla tent
    Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
    Infinity T8 exhaust fan
    Technaflora nutes
    Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Flatlander
      Flatlander commented
      Editing a comment
      I only grow 5 plants maybe 6 at a time now. Problem is that even most my autos are getting close to 3' in d, 4' in h, and photos much larger. For example I currently can only fit one of my autos in a 4'x3' room. Thought about one monster tent, but the idea of having a 10x10 tent in a 14x16 room seems odd and potentially cumbersome.

I wish I had a room in the house to convert, had to start from scratch in a uninsulated metal shed. We live in a 400 sq.ft love shack on 10 acres. Before you build anything, give alot of thought on how you really want to grow. Some folks on here use multiple tents and use the room as the lung. When first building our grow room it started out just to play with a few plants and give the wife a hobby. After 3 Reno's in a year and a half, I think I'm getting closer to what I want. Its turned into my hobby, the wife just wants to know if it's ready to smoke. Give yourself plenty of space (which I should have done) for everything needed, bigger lights, dehumidifier, room to reach the backside of plants ect. and as PLreef mentioned plenty of power. I will be more than happy to give advise if I can.
    DIY 4x12 Farmacy box w/2 4x4x6 grow areas
    TrolMaster HydroX runs the whole show
    Dual tank Co2 injection w/ rain tubing
    10000 btu thru the wall A/C / 5000 btu heater
    50 pint dehumidifier/ cool mist humidifier
    8" intake fan w/ hepa filter / 8" exhaust fan
    2 Timber Fatty-vs COB 950 watt draw fixtures
    w/ added 4 2ft T5 Pure UV bulbs on each fix.
    2 DIY Hybrid DWC 5 gal bubble bucket systems w/ 55 gal reservoirs w/ PH dosers
    2 2"x2"cyl.stones in each bucket, 8"disk in reservoirs
    GH Flora series (entire line) + Orca
    Grow 3 = Blueberry 1 dwc 1 soil.
    . Cherry pie 1 dwc 1 soil
    Soil is great lakes "just add water" in 7 gal fabric bags

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X