Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The AutoToka grow....first auto... 2nd grow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's all over but the stoning now! (no not rocks, lol!) Although some of the buds are firm like rocks! Final tally comes in at right at 3 oz from the cola tops and about 2.5 from the second harvest so i came close to my hoped for harvest weight of 6 oz total. It's all in jars now with 62 Boveda and tiny hygrometers to monitor RH. About half way thru cure I will switch out to 58 Boveda for long term storage as I believe it smokes better in that range. All in this has been a fun and interesting grow during which I learned a lot more than I did on my fist grow of photos! These autos grow so damn fast thru veg you can see the effects of anything you do within hours or at least by the next morning!

If you've followed this far you know that I did my first try with a sorta Super Soil as I left out several necessary elements however it was good enough to support a healthy microbial colony which in turn regulated my pH so I never had to check or adjust it. I used plain filtered tap water and fed with worm castings tea, molasses and Alaska Salmon emulsion at the start of flower at 3.5 weeks and the stretch was amazing to me. 8 inches of growth in less than a week is very good IMHO! All of that sudden growth then turned into 6-7 inch fat colas!

Going forward in my next grow My super soil will have several of the missing nutes added to make it very like the Clackamas Coots recipe except that I use a coir base rather than Canadian Sphagnum peat moss as it is a more environmentally sound renewable resource while the CSPM is not and is disappearing rapidly. This grow I started with Coco Loco as It already had several of the Coots elements added in but I increased the castings and perlite plus volcanic dust for minerals. Yesterday I dumped the pots on the floor and am adding 10% more castings plus crab meal. kelp meal, oyster shell, gypsum, azomite, langbionite and humic acid, Plain water only until three weeks then start the teas mentioned above. All of these address specific plant needs which hopefully will result in very healthy plants which produce heavy buds and potent smoke!

I was planning on starting my landrace seed chase for the old Sativa strains but things changed so Jan 2nd (new moon) BU2B and I will be dropping Purple Bubba Indica seeds for a grow challenge being in his hydro and my soil. I don't plan on doing a full on grow journal but both of us will report progress from time to time. I don't think I can achieve a PPP but will work on it. IMO however, the quality and taste from soil will prevail! Grow forth and have some fun!
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• BU2B
      BU2B commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like the fun run is on. But I think you’re wrong. I “upgraded” to hydro for a reason 😇

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X