Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The AutoToka grow....first auto... 2nd grow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The AutoToka grow....first auto... 2nd grow!

Apologies to Farmbuck, lol! All 3 seeds have sprouted tap roots this morning so it's D day. That's drop day for those just tuning in. 3 Sativa Auto MAUI seeds will drop into 5 gal bags of my new mix of Coco Loco with extra perlite, worm castings, guano, crab meal, oyster shell, Karanja/Neem cake meal (systemic pest control), volcanic basalt dust (minerals). I sprout in an oz of distilled water and 3 ml of h2o2 for oxygenation then go directly into the 5 gal. I make a hole about the size of a solo cup and fill with plain coco, poke a small hole with a toothpick and place seed 3/4 inch down then fill with fine coco. I believe this is better as the roots have a chance to grow a little before encountering the richer mix. I keep the surface of the soil just damp until they pop up and a couple more days before too much water. I will keep a log with weekly updates on plant and soil. I hope to grow these without chemical nutes, just pHed water and some tea or top dressing with castings for the entire grow depending on how they do.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210823_142946.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.67 MB ID:	535657Click image for larger version  Name:	20210823_144555 (2).jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.13 MB ID:	535658Click image for larger version  Name:	20210823_145224.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.39 MB ID:	535659Click image for larger version  Name:	20210909_114603.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.41 MB ID:	535660
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TOKABIGONE; 09-11-2021, 10:05 AM.
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

If you enlarge the last pic of seeds in glass you can see the tap root on 2 of them.

Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread

Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Well autocongratulation to you sir !! Now let the autogame begin lolll Looking forward to see your autoMaui girls growing @TOKABIGONE
      Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
      Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
      Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
      Full auto grow
      Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
      12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Good growing to you and I see 5 pots what's in the others?
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
          TOKABIGONE commented
          Editing a comment
          Just 2 extra pots wet for extra humidity. With those and water flooded in the bottom tray plus my fogger/humidifier I can get to mid 50's until I open the door. Cabinet is 85 day, 70ish nite

• UndergroundFarmer
          UndergroundFarmer commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm cheating a bit to get the RH up in my grow room by setting out pots of flushed coco for reuse to dry out there before going into their bins to wait for the next batch of transplants. It also keeps them where my cats can't pee in them while they air out.

I'm running one of three lights for 100w actual at 18 inches thru seedling then go to 300w from all three. They are Bloomspect SS1000 100w each on a DIY pvc rack I made. High PAR/PPFD very even spread across my 30"x48" cabinet. I can get to 12" above the canopy but not 10". Found that out last grow

Semper Fidelis!

Comment

Oh sure, I see how it is. I grow photos for the first time and now everyone is switching to autos..... lol
          J/K 🤣 ToKa, ill be following along. Good luck on your grow!
          5x5 Gorilla tent
          Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
          Infinity T8 exhaust fan
          Technaflora nutes
          Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Farmbuck
            Farmbuck commented
            Editing a comment
            PLreef Time is not a luxury for old growers like us, the reason why we are switching to autos lolllll

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            You'll only be about 6wks behind on your harvest PLreef LOL but you'll have a longer time to fiddle with them.

• TOKABIGONE
            TOKABIGONE commented
            Editing a comment
            Not to worry PL I'll be back, just need a small stash to get thru till my 6 month sativas ripen.

Just a quick mid-week update: Seeds germinated on the 11th and dropped into a small hole in a 5 gal bag. As they are autos I hope to avoid transplant shock early on. This morning exactly 71 hrs later I found a sprout in one pot. Yee Haw! At noon the second showed her head so with luck by dinner I'll have all 3 up and at 'em!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210914_081321.jpg
Views:	535
Size:	3.17 MB
ID:	536481Click image for larger version

Name:	Resized_20210914_122610_6712.jpeg
Views:	528
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	536482 You need to enlarge but there is one in each pot now!

Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
            TOKABIGONE commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks@Farmbuck fingers crossed for the third! Not growing quite as many as you but a few oz will get me through to my next harvest of Moraccan Beldiva Kif Sativa Landrace Regulars. Boy that's a mouthful, lol ! That will be the Adventure!

• TOKABIGONE
            TOKABIGONE commented
            Editing a comment
            I just noticed if you look really close at the left pot you can see tiny first leaf set still in the cotyledon! Within an hour of opening!

• Farmbuck
            Farmbuck commented
            Editing a comment
            They are fast aren't they ? It's been almost 20 days and I see some white pistils on some of them loll and they are not even 4 inches high lolll

Awesome TOKABIGONE ! Glad to see them above ground.
          5x5 Gorilla tent
          Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
          Infinity T8 exhaust fan
          Technaflora nutes
          Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

Good news! 2 of 3 are up and healthy. No. 3 was a no show so I'm dropping another which will be a week behind but that's fine; can't smoke 'em all at once! They're short and stout right now so they're getting plenty of light. Might have to raise them up a bit to get node separation tho. Gave them a small dribble of pHed water. Training will start as soon as the 3rd node is reaching out. Top or fim above the 4th for a quadline after 5 is growing out.

Name:	20210916_172416.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	1.63 MB
ID:	537054Click image for larger version

Name:	20210916_172650.jpg
Views:	518
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	537055

Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• Farmbuck
              Farmbuck commented
              Editing a comment
              Keep the good work sir !! I just chopped a few trees in the backyard to make me some more chopsticks for my girls's LST.

• TOKABIGONE
              TOKABIGONE commented
              Editing a comment
              I read about the Canadian chopstick shortage. Now Chinese restaurants will be coming after you!

A Question! Who in the US orders seeds from True North Seeds? I ordered from them and paid by ach money transfer through a reputable money exchange bank. Now TN says they can't find the transfer in their account. I have all documentation and confirmation numbers but after several emails they seem stumped. Has anyone else had this experience with them? Their emails back show all that info so I don't get it. I tried to call them all day yesterday but no answer. It's only $75 but this should not happen as I followed their instructions to the letter. I'm a little POed right now. I used them as they show a large selection of landrace regulars I want and had planned another $300 order but now I guess not If they can't solve this.

Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• Farmbuck
              Farmbuck commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry to hear that sir. I read on the web they have poor reviews.

• PLreef
              PLreef commented
              Editing a comment
              I've never heard anything good about True North. Hopefully you get your issue resolved

I promised myself I wouldn't post endless baby pics but they're just so damn cute! First week done and looking good. I can see a tiny 3rd node leaf just starting in the center of the 2nd. Got another seed in water to replace the no show last night.

Name:	20210918_064010.jpg
Views:	517
Size:	4.29 MB
ID:	537222Click image for larger version

Name:	20210918_064048.jpg
Views:	498
Size:	3.11 MB
ID:	537223

Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• Farmbuck
              Farmbuck commented
              Editing a comment
              Ahhh I see some mini chopsticks..! getting ready for training them eh ?

Yesterday pm I got my 25w UV/Ozone sterilizer bulb. Was supposed to be done before I planted in the cabinet as it will kill plants! So I removed the 2 bags with plants and set in the middle of the cabinet for 2 hours. They say 1/2 hr is enough but I want to kill anything that can move or fly. The girls were straight up and happy in the porch shade when I took them out. 2 hrs later they had turned their heads 90 degrees towards the light by the time I put them back in. This morning they seem happy with leaves straight up and praying to the light. It looks like 15" is the right height for them right now. I'll drop to 12" in bloom. Seed is almost 24hr in distilled water with a splash of h2o2. No tail yet. She's just relaxing in the spa till morning. Looking for a minimum 1/2 inch tap root this time.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210918_150559.jpg Views:	2 Size:	2.54 MB ID:	537544
            Click image for larger version  Name:	20210919_100240.jpg Views:	3 Size:	4.47 MB ID:	537542
            Click image for larger version  Name:	20210919_095816.jpg Views:	3 Size:	2.05 MB ID:	537543
            Attached Files
            Last edited by TOKABIGONE; 09-19-2021, 01:34 PM.

Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
              TOKABIGONE commented
              Editing a comment
              Humidity is up a bit this morning due to showers overnight. By 11am back into the 50's

• TOKABIGONE
              TOKABIGONE commented
              Editing a comment
              OMG I just enlarged the seed pic enough to see there is a tiny tap already! Coooll! 20 hrs in distilled water with peroxide always works for me. What they do when planted is another story!

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Interesting way of vegging sprouts kinda looks to close to those LEDs an wrong side up? Space an issue for you?

Sorry SoOrbudgal I don't follow what you're saying. "Wrong side up?" what is?? and LEDs are 15" above the tops. I know they won't burn at 12" and they seem quite happy at 15" for now.

Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              I thought that bulb looked upside down but now i re read the post an it's a sterilizer bulb?

• TOKABIGONE
              TOKABIGONE commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey SoOrbudgal yes a 25w UV and ozone gen combined. Supposed to kill anything organic Including me if i get too much ozone I guess. It was delayed a week so I had already planted. My cabinet is out on the screen porch so plenty of air to dissipate after. I would not recommend for inside use.

Name:	20210925_144854.jpg
Views:	458
Size:	3.89 MB
ID:	538823Click image for larger version

Name:	20210925_144717.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	3.93 MB
ID:	538824Click image for larger version

Name:	20210920_145746.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	4.02 MB
ID:	538822 Saturday 9/25/21 update: The first 2 girls are 11 days old now. Looking good and working on a fourth node now. 2 new seeds in the front pot are 30 hours in dirt so no sign yet. Should be up by tomorrow am. I've already lost two out of six so these are the last of the auto Maui seeds. First 2 are starting to grow rapidly now. Doubled in size in last 2 days. Maybe 5 more days til I can top above node 4 for a quadline manifold and start some lst.

Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• BU2B
              BU2B commented
              Editing a comment
              They sure grow fast. Nice job bud. You've put a lot of work into this grow already - and you're just getting started. Thanks for the experience - I'm not an auto guy, but I love looking at them. Thanks for inviting us along for the ride my friend.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210930_151416.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.56 MB ID:	539974Click image for larger version  Name:	20210930_151114 (1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.70 MB ID:	539976

Today my 2 little MAUI Wahinis about ready to strut their stuff at the luao party! 2.5 weeks today; They got a little trim to purty up. I fimmed both at node 5 so I hope I didn't kill them with love. That and a little lst and a little defol should be it for training.
            They're pretty squat with little node separation. I hope they're not pygmies. They are Sativa so I expect some height. A couple weeks will tell.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210930_151302 (1).jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.20 MB ID:	539975

Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• Farmbuck
              Farmbuck commented
              Editing a comment
              Go girls go !! Show us your grass skirts !! Looking good sir !

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X