Bubbleponics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bubbleponics

I’m curious to know if others using the bubbleponics system have a problem with the roots attacking the interior water pump?
    I made a stainless steel screen cage for the pump and the roots still get through and surrounded the pump

I have had that happen during every grow. When I was first doing research on growing I got some catalogs from a local grow store. In one of them I seen some bags to place the pumps into keep that from happening. I tried them starting last fall after having to trash one pump filter that I could not get 100% of the roots out of it from the previous grow. So far through 2 grows they seem to keep the roots out of the pumps filter.

Comment

I have a “starter tote” with the pump in it but after the roots hit the water I move the net pots to separate totes with only air stones. I guess I start bubbleponics and finish DWC.

Comment

Howdy Joecettina, I have had the same problem with my bubbleponics systems. At first I bought a filter bag for the pump, then I made my own filter out of screen wire cloth (the fiber glass plastic coated type), but now, I just buy the less expensive pumps and throw them away if they can not be cleaned. I also turn the pumps off after the roots are well established in to the reservoir as leaving them running only insures that the roots will clog them up and the pump running will increase the water temperature slightly. By turning the pump off when it is not needed also makes the pump easier to clean and last longer.
        Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X