Pot size for indoor photo periods.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pot size for indoor photo periods.

Has anyone ever used a 20/25 gallon smart bag indoor? What's the largest pot sized you've used in a grow tent?

No i've never had any pot larger than a 7gal in my tent.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Flatlander
      Flatlander commented
      Editing a comment
      With topping once or multiple times and running a scrog, is it possible? Veg for 6-8 weeks. Just wanting to have a grow purely for experimental fun.

I use 30gall outdoor but that is way too big for indoors unless you have a gian grow room. Indoor my biggest is 10gal but I usually use 8.

Comment

• Flatlander
      Flatlander commented
      Editing a comment
      1 plant in 20 gallons of soil in a 4x4 with 1000-1200 watts topped and scrooged, could it be done?

• DeadlyFruit
      DeadlyFruit commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m sure it can be done with a single plant but I’m not sure you would want to unless this is just a fun experiment. If you do it you will have to be careful with height - a single plant should fit in a 4x4 tent in a large pot but height is probably your limiting factor. As the plant grows to take up the available space in your tent it will get taller as well so you will want to top/supercrop/etc to manage height so it is more of a bush shape than a Christmas tree. It will take longer in veg as others have said to make the experiment worthwhile so it will take longer than a normal grow that is usually about 4 pots in that space of 3-10gallons. Rule of thumb is to switch to flowering when your plants are half the desired height so you need to keep them below that until they get bushy enough to justify your experiment.

7 gallon is the biggest I’ve used indoors and that’s rare. Only if I’m vegging 10-12wks and it’s a strain I know gets big. I’ve never had a plant get close to being root bound in a 7 gallon inside either

Comment

it would depend on tent size, for example, I have a 4x4x7 tent, I never go beyond five gallon pots. It is really difficult to get a plant root bound growing indoors, to honest though, 20/25 gallons would be overkill

Comment

I have used both three and five gallon pots. It's a matter of fewer bigger plants or more smaller plants. Flip your coin. I would never use anything bigger than five gallons as they become too heavy for me to lift and work with. However, I am old and have had multiple back surgeries so I do what circumstances call for.
        Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
        5 gallon cloth pots
        30"x30"x60" tent
        Spider Farmer SE3000
        Coco Pearlite mix
        GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

• Catfish22
          Catfish22 commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't do over 3.5 gal but I do almost all autos. I have started a Critical photo in a 3.5 this grow.

20 to 25 gallons you want to veg about a year indoors before flipping to flower. Total over kill bubba. I veg for 2 to 2 1/2 months they stay in starter pots for almost a month to a month then 1 1/2 gallons for another month to month and a half. Final pots in a 4x4 are 5 and 7 gallons depending on plant count. 1 plant in a 15 gallon with a 4x4 with a 4 month veg would be more reasonable. Guessing on the veg time I've never ran anything like that. You'd want to train vigorously top, super cropping and trellis. You'd want to cover the entire grow space before flipping.

Comment

I have ran with 25-30 gallon pots inside, dont even think about moving them, I have 3 gallon pots sat up for the next indoor run.
          Outside I use 130+ gallon pots with no bottoms (raised bed).
          Yes one could use just 1 bigass pot, 1 plant in a tent/grow space, veg it for near ever, happy experimenting.

Comment

Definitely agree with the others, though you could utilize a 20-25 gal, there is absolutely no reason to unless you’re really into punishment...
            Soil - NFTG, recycled & amended.
            Nutes - NFTG - modified regiment, SLA-100, Photo +, Mammoth
            Veg - 4x4 tent, TSW2000, TSW1000 6”vent
            Flower - 4x4 tent, TS3000W, TSW1000 6”vent
            Dry - 2x4 tent, 6”vent

Comment

I tell ya there's a fella on youtube doing a huge grow like this he's got the pot on a lazy susan wheeled setup. Bill Ward is his name wonderful grower. It's just beginning but it's huge as a large plastic kiddy pool on wheels but it's in a fabric pot. It's crazy got like over 20 clones in it. Quite a show it is, not for me now way would i ever do it but this guy gonna pull it off.
              Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
              indoor/outdoor grower
              1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
              1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
              I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
              Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
              Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
              Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• bboyfromwayback
                bboyfromwayback commented
                Editing a comment
                I’ve watched a few of his videos before.

In my 4x4x6.5 tent I'll use 5 gal fabric for 4 plants (will take in around 20-21 oz so .95 gr/ watt) and 3 gal for more (usually 6 or 8 for a SOG). I am in 3 gal this grow because I used some regular seeds and not sure how many girls I will get.

(1) 20 gal would be a long veg I think. Like others have said you'd spend a lot of time filling the tent and I don't think you would do much better than a gr/watt )if that) so how much do you want to spend on electricity and nutes and your time to get that grow?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X