Leaves don't really match pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Leaves don't really match pictures

Gorilla glue #4 autos growing in a mixture of black kow leaf pro organic compost and coco are looking sick. They don't quite match any of the pictures in the self help section so I was wondering if anyone had an idea what was wrong with them. Any help appreciated.

They are definitely stunted. What is the pH of the water you give them? If they are autos I suggest trashing them and trying again. They will do nothing.
    keeping it green with the soil thing
    love me some frosty autos
    braap
    BRAAPZAI https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...162-braaap-zai
    Mephisto run. yeah i know spellcheck https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-memphisto-run
    the fruit basket https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...et-auto-runrun
    blue strawberries in a four assed galaxy https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...r-assed-galaxy

Comment

Get good soil and start over.

Comment

Needs perlite and not sure about compost used. I grow in coco and perlite and use GH flora trio with cal mag and have no issues. Your plant definitely is having trouble breathing with no perlite to facilitate drainage. Also what is your ph? Did you buffer coco before planting? Agree that if auto's that you should start over. Preferably with photo's so you can learn how to grow. Auto's require near perfect growing conditions or else they get severely stunted and have no time to correct any issues.
        Last edited by Tersky; 09-08-2021, 07:39 AM.

Comment

That's hot cow poo soil
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

They are very young plants, not stunted. Coco is mixed into the dirt it was bought pre washed and buffered 3 bricks to three quarters of a bag of black kow and half a bag of compost. I'm not in a position to just chuck them. I can feed them whatever they need as if growing in hydroponics if needed. I haven't check run off ph that I'll do this afternoon. I watered them at 6.0 Saturday they were dry last night. The soil is light enough and draining well due to the combination of coco and organic compost. I have been giving them general hydroponic flora trio nutrition with cal mag at seedling strength until last watering where I bumped it up to mild veg growth. They were transplanted about a week and a half ago or so, I forgot to put it down on the calendar. Popped about a week before that I think. I'm going to try dropping the ph of the water a few points this time and check run off. I gotta make it work I can't throw out like 50$ worth of seeds.
            Last edited by In4alook2; 09-08-2021, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              I bet it's that poor soil you got an it's too hot a mix plus no airflow without perilite. They drown, soil compacts an yellowing. Black cow is high nitrogene cow poo soil from a feed lot. Coco got nothing in it but fluff until it's wet an becomes compacted. We are telling you that because of experience we've had. Anything more you do now won't recover in my view the damage is done , yes they are stunted.

They need perlite.
            2X4X6 Quictent
            1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
            600w LED (80)
            1000w LED (180)
            2 X Viparspectra P-1000
            2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
            6" battery/usb fans
            Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
            GH trio with Calimagic
            Lung room humidifier
            3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
            ArmorSi, kelp when needed
            Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
            Northern Lights auto
            (Seedsman)
            auto 00 Kush
            (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
            2x Northern lights auto
            1 auto 00 Kush
            1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
            Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

Thanks for the help but I think I got it figured out now. I just watered them. I had accidentally dropped the water with nutrients to 4.0 so instead of changing it to what I was going to try 5.7 I watered 1 plant and the run off was still 7.0. I went ahead and watered the other 2 with the same and the next time I'll drop it a bit more. With watering it at 6.0 before the ph must have been way too high and they have lock out. Thanks again for the help. And a shout out to tersky for making me think about my ph.

Comment

• Tersky
                Tersky commented
                Editing a comment
                I never test runoff in fabric pots as it is usually inaccurate as the fabric soaks up some of the salts making runoff ph different than actual root zone. I still say your problem is mainly with medium as no perlite makes it hard for plant to breathe and compost used. Ph might be an issue because of the compost but coco is neutral and will take on ph of nutes poured in. I grown in coco/ perlite and use GH flora trio for nutes at 6.0 and dont have issues.

The problem with autos is by the time you notice an issue, the damage is already done since it doesnt have time to correct any issues.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X