Critical purple issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Critical purple issues

Hey everyone I'm a fairly new grower. I've done a few in the past but always with a 600 hps. Had 5 successful harvest with DWC with that set up. Recently I switched to a led light. Cost and heat yah know. I'm also using auto flowering seeds I've never used led grow lights before. I have the light on about 35% power. I use general hydroponics grow trio along with Cali-magic. I always check ppm and ph. My pH is 6.0 and ppm around 300. (I can't decide nutrient problem or light) I don't know what is going on with this plant. I have a tangerine dream in the tent with it the tangerine dream looks amazing. No issues at all out of it. The critical purple on the other hand is one sick pup. I've lowered nutrient level. Raised the light. I'm at my whits end. Anyone have any other ideas ? I will post pictures as well. The last picture is of the tangerine dream. Both plants are few days away from a month old.

Give this a look, it may be leaf septoria.

Yellow or brown round spots appearing on leaves and spreading? This Yellow Leaf Spot aka Leaf Septoria fungus can attack your plants, learn what to do!
    2X4X6 Quictent
    1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
    600w LED (80)
    1000w LED (180)
    2 X Viparspectra P-1000
    2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
    6" battery/usb fans
    Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
    GH trio with Calimagic
    Lung room humidifier
    3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
    ArmorSi, kelp when needed
    Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
    Northern Lights auto
    (Seedsman)
    auto 00 Kush
    (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
    2x Northern lights auto
    1 auto 00 Kush
    1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
    Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

• Thedieseldr96
      Thedieseldr96 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure how to word this but from what I read in that article it kinda leans more to dirt and out door grows. Could this of come from my growing media? I used rapid rooters and the clay pebbles. Just trying to figure this out and how to prevent in future. I don't understand how i have one very sick plant and one that's doing amazing when everything has been the same for both plants.

Favors calcium deficiency. Calcium is barely available at 6
    Attached Files

Comment

IMO it looks like ph issues or pests more than anything else. It doesnt look like calcium deficiencies to me as those are more rust colored and leaf septoria tends to look different. Are you testing res ph daily? Is your ph tester calibrated? Make sure you let the ph swing from at least 5.8-6.3 before adjusting.

Comment

Get out your loupe and check for mites. I suspect the Critical Purple tastes good and the the TD doesn't.
        Coconut Grove
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
        32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
        Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Originally posted by Tersky View Post
          IMO it looks like ph issues or pests more than anything else. It doesnt look like calcium deficiencies to me as those are more rust colored and leaf septoria tends to look different. Are you testing res ph daily? Is your ph tester calibrated? Make sure you let the ph swing from at least 5.8-6.3 before adjusting.
          I have been testing pH daily and I did calibrate the tester just to be sure. I have the drops as well. This the first time I've had to raise the pH of the water. Ive been getting my water from a friend that has well water. In the past I had good luck with well water. Nast city water where I live.

Comment

Originally posted by UndergroundFarmer View Post
          Get out your loupe and check for mites. I suspect the Critical Purple tastes good and the the TD doesn't.
          I will look. I just don't understand how anything could happen in a controlled environment

Comment

• PLreef
            PLreef commented
            Editing a comment
            All it takes is one little bug blowing in when you open your doors.

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh man, I have more issues inside with bugs than outside.

Get a boogie blue water filter it attaches to your water hose and use that. I live in southern new Mexico desert, my tap is between 7 and 800 ppms ph of 9.3. I used to think the same and I couldn't use the tap, so I bought an expensive under the sink R/O filtration system. I've been using the boogie blue for about a year now with no issues. I either fill up 5 gallon buckets or water the plants directly with the hose. If you went more organic you wouldn't even have to ph water. I've been watering with 9.3 and soils are between 6.5 and 6.8

Comment

• Smoklahoma
            Smoklahoma commented
            Editing a comment
            Keep a eye on that hose filter. I used one on my first grow, it worked great. Didn't grow for three months, renovating grow room. Started new grow and had big problems with biological contamination first couple of weeks in my buckets. Couldn't figure out what it was? Wound up being that damn filter!

• GroBuddy
            GroBuddy commented
            Editing a comment
            I change mine every 5 months and grow perpetually, appreciate it tho

I agree with Tersky looks like you got a pest issue.
          5x5 Gorilla tent
          Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
          Infinity T8 exhaust fan
          Technaflora nutes
          Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            Times 3! Get out that 30x zoom lens or microscope and look to the under side of those leaves.

Also note that bugs like purples more than green.

Comment

I too have a similar issue of purpling and it's not good. I think this is due to some strains that naturally look purple in colour, but it's generally a clue of a nutrient deficiency or exposure to colder temperatures than normal, which can depress THC yield. When I was faced with this issue one of my friends who is working in a weed dispensary shared these facts with me. I was growing my plant outdoor without any temperature adjustments. After this, I have adjusted the temperature and the problem was resolved.

Comment

• Catfish22
              Catfish22 commented
              Editing a comment
              How do you adjust the outdoor temperature? Enquiring minds want to know. 🤔

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              Its Voodoo, but one must be careful not to over do it.

Originally posted by Ronaldronald View Post
            I too have a similar issue of purpling and it's not good. I think this is due to some strains that naturally look purple in colour, but it's generally a clue of a nutrient deficiency or exposure to colder temperatures than normal, which can depress THC yield. When I was faced with this issue one of my friends who is working in a weed dispensary shared these facts with me. I was growing my plant outdoor without any temperature adjustments. After this, I have adjusted the temperature and the problem was resolved.
            Yea how do you adjust outside temps? Purpling doesn't depress thc yield. Purpling is either genetics or it means your mediums depleted of nutrients. I grow organically and allow the medium to become depleted before harvest.
            Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X