Heat stress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Heat stress?

Hello, I'm a newbie and this is week 3 of my grow.
    She appears to have signs of heat stress, but the light has never reached over 25k lumens at the top of the plant and temperature inside the tent hasn't gotten hotter than 85 degrees. Im using the aerogarden 20 watt LED bulb at the highest point in the tent, I bought a dimmer to bring it down to around 10k-15k and it seems to have little affect
    Anyone have any clue?
    Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more.

I will venture a guess and go for underwatering and possibly heat. Do you have an exhaust fan and an open intake flap in your grow area?
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

Looks like since you have a 20 watt light you're having to run it too close to your plant. Multiply your grow space and divide that by lights wattage. You want a minimum of 30 watts a sqft from a high end led. From those blurple lights you'll want around 50-60.

4x4=16. 720÷16=45 watts a sqft

Comment

The bulb, as mentioned, is at the highest point in the tent and cannot be raised anymore. It genuinely could not be further from the plant but is still experiencing heat stress.

I do have an exhaust fan and intake flap, as well as a fan in between the plant and the light to prevent heat trapping. Ive kept the humidity around 70-90% and the temperature hasn't risen above 85 in there.

Comment

In that pic a 20watt bulb is not at the highest point of the tent. Never is a 20watt blurple bulb 5ft away from that plant. Nor is a 20watt bulb that's 5ft away going to cause enough heat in your tent regardless where its placed. Unless you're growing with no indoor central heat and air or ac. Then it's just having a closed box if you're not in a cooled home

Comment

As a reference I veg in a closet under 165 watt blurple, veg in a 3x3 tent under 192 watts and I flower in a 4x4 under 720 watts. Also grow outdoors where it gets 120° during the summer
            Attached Files

Comment

This pic was taken and the post was made on the same day I added the dimmer that I mentioned in the OP. I only lowered it because I added the dimmer. I am telling you that for the entirety of the plants life before that day, that it was at the highest point in the tent with no dimmer, and my plant resulted like that. So YES, a 20 watt bulb did do that from the top of my tent. Its only 20 watts but its also seems incredibly bright. Before the dimmer, the top of the plant was receiving 25k lumens, which is fine, but nearly halfway up the tent it was creating 185k lumens. The sun only gives us on average 125k lumens. Considering I can't raise the light any more, that seems like a problem. So I bought a dimmer for more control because it was the only thing I could think to do besides getting new lights.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X