Grow #15 done, on to grow #16...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Grow #15 done, on to grow #16...

09/04/2021 - So a new adventure begins! Grow #15 in the books now so I started #16 and off to somewhat of a good start. 10 seeds all popped within 2 days. Transplanted on 2nd day into clear plastic drinking cups (to see the roots). So as I was outside bringing them in on an old tv tray (remember those?), 5 of them slid off off the tray as the plastic clips underneath were broken and the tray slid on me and fell on the floor! What a mess! Oh no! Quickly I rescued the root balls and re-planted them and soaked them fairly well because apparently the soil did not get wet enough to bind. Checked them the next morning and I lost 1 (it shriveled up, oh well...) but still have 9 good sturdy babies standing nicely and straight. Not bad (and very lucky I didn't lose any more) for getting to this point within 1 week. Whew!!!

Whew is right you are a perpetual grower it's so addicting i am feeling the " itch " of not being there this year. Was growing round the clock trying to catch up and i did but then awful hit the fan with life changes. I so look forward to doing indoor grows again but i'm happy to have hopefully close to dozen or so jars from the outdoor grow coming. Oh how i wanted to do a SOG with a bunch of autos for fall Best of luck i know you'll do great NuggetMan
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• NuggetMan
      NuggetMan commented
      Editing a comment
      Well I hope you have done your due dilligence and reap the rewards so justly deserved!

***update*** - Hi everyone. So tomorrow will mark 6 weeks of vegging for my plants and am getting ready to do the last transplant. Since I have more than the last grow I'll be going back to using 3 gallon pots instead of 5 gallon pots because of grow space and lighting.
    I believe I may have 7 females and 2 males BUT this could prove false as I have had lanky girls as well however these 2 are taller than the rest, so I will have to wait and see when it comes time to flip to flower. I may not get as drastic this time ( i have not even topped them yet) been letting these go more naturally but will do training after I transplant.
    Until the next update have a great week-end!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      I used 3gal my last indoor grow for photos and also only vegged for 6wks. Yep ya never know till sex shows what it will be lanky could be just center cola being strongest. I've topped mine and worked them as if they were fems. just in case.

***UPDATE*** - I'm behind, I know but so far I managed to get 4 re-planted last Saturday and am waiting for the weather to settle down after such a windy day yesterday. I also had to get more soil, got 1 bag yesterday and waiting for the other 3 this coming Friday. I did this time recycle my soil from what I had left over, reconstituted it and plants seem to be doing just fine, so onwards we go... less than 2 weeks to go before flipping over to flower...
    I always veg for the full 8 weeks, I did do 6 and 8 seems to work better for me...better results I should say...

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Can't wait to see them growing

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_147365.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	2.78 MB
ID:	542452Click image for larger version

Name:	image_147366.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	2.44 MB
ID:	542453Click image for larger version

Name:	image_147367.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	2.40 MB
ID:	542454Click image for larger version

Name:	image_147368.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	2.58 MB
ID:	542455Click image for larger version

Name:	image_147369.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	2.50 MB
ID:	542456Click image for larger version

Name:	20211014_114529.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	2.72 MB
ID:	542458 ***UPDATE*** - Got the rest of my soil Tuesday (that was fast!) and finished transplanting the other 5 I had left. This morning I went and topped all the plants and have a week and 3 days left before flipping.

Here they are:Click image for larger version  Name:	20211014_114529.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.72 MB ID:	542457

Comment

Also as you can see, yes there was some deficiency (my fault, i wanted to see how long or far these would go before soil issues would show without nutrients, just what was in the recycled soil. Adding Cal-Mag along with my other 2 nutrients it quickly took care of the issue and they bounced back quite nicely). Only used so far 3 feedings of Big Bloom, Grow Big, Cal-Mag interspersed with plain water in between and every 3-4 days but since the weather has drastically changed the last 4 days maybe now less water to maybe 5-7 days?. 4 of them now 50/50 mix of recycled and new soil and the other 5 in 100% new soil.
      Had to make due with what I had before my new soil was delivered. I don't think it will make any difference as I have done this before and has not affected the quality in the end.
      Last edited by NuggetMan; 10-14-2021, 02:20 PM.

Comment

I had some clones take a walk across the floor on me. I told them to stay put but they didn't listen. They turned out ok though. How does one control juvenile plant antics?
        Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

***UPDATE*** - tomorrow will mark 8 weeks of vegging and I will be changing out my lights to 2700k on 12/12 schedule beginning around dusk tomorrow evening. Pre sex flower are just now beginning to show themselves so I can't quite tell just yet what I have. I will know in about 1 week after transition more distinctly.

Comment

***UPDATE*** - So I have gone thru transition week and 1 week into flower. Out of 9, 2 turned out to be short and bushy males??? Don't males usually grow taller than females??? Anyways 7 girls going strong and are now really starting to push out the calyxes and hairs. I can already smell it in the morning!!!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_148875.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	2.77 MB
ID:	547577Click image for larger version

Name:	image_148876.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	2.77 MB
ID:	547578Click image for larger version

Name:	image_148877.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	2.65 MB
ID:	547579Click image for larger version

Name:	image_148878.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	2.85 MB
ID:	547580Click image for larger version

Name:	image_148879.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	2.34 MB
ID:	547581Click image for larger version

Name:	20211120_082645.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	2.66 MB
ID:	547583 ***UPDATE*** - Tomorrow will mark 1 month into flower and the ladies just got plain water today. I'll have to go in and clean up some of the bottom as these are wasting plant energy to the tops. The mornings are a mix of smells, between skunky and fruity it's hard to distinguish which is which! here they are:Click image for larger version  Name:	20211120_082645.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.66 MB ID:	547582

Comment

I also did my 1 week transition formula, 1 feeding of Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, and Open Sesame (1/4 tsp), 2 feedings of just Tiger Bloom and Open Sesame (1/2 tsp). Next week they get just Beastie Bloomz only (1/4 tsp then to 1/2 tsp) for 2 feedings, then it's onto Cha Ching by itself towards the latter part of the grow. These seem to work better by themselves as compared to mixing them with the other nutrients, at least from my last grow the results were better.

Comment

***UPDATE*** Good morning! Well today marks 5 weeks into flower and unfortunately my pictures won't upload!!! I have 3 tall girls, 2 medium height girls and 2 small girls. Looking very frosty now and smelling good! Anyone know how to fix uploading pictures???

Comment

Try, try again... [ATTACH=JSON]n549264[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]n549265[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]n549266[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]n549267[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]n549268[/ATTACH]
                    Attached Files

Comment

Some more... [ATTACH=JSON]n549275[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]n549276[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]n549277[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]n549278[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]n549279[/ATTACH]
                      Attached Files

Comment

Just a small note on my last Grow #15... I am now down to 3 jars of buds. I have "wake up in the morning and get going" left in 2 jars and I am down to 1 jar of the big colas left from the other plant that is "afternoon pick-me-up" also the better of the 2. This has lasted quite a while since September which is surprising!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X