Newbie needs help to diagnose and cure sickening plant please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie needs help to diagnose and cure sickening plant please

This is my second best plant; strain is WhiteWidow I believe...there are yellowish discolurations on leaves with brownish specks also near the top, but only on the central stem - the leaves on the two side stems appear healthy...please see pictures
    Growing in a home made space bucket in compost/perlite mix...

Any comments and advice appreciated

Here is a picture of a dead leaf, from lower down the plant, which I have just removed...

I presume that I should be pulling off leaves like this...is this correct?

Comment

Have you done a bug check? Use a 30x zoom lens look under the leaves for bug shit, eggs bugs etc..
      Whats the PH?
      What lights? How much power from the wall?
      Are these pots well drained? As in do they have air holes in the sides and bottoms?
      At the top of this page hit the link to "Plant Problems", read these so you know what to look for and how to correct an issue.
      Compost can be good, or it can be bad depending on what it was made from. Use chicken poo and it can get be to hot for the plants very fast.

Comment

Thanks for suggestions; I am about to bug check later today
        I must admit I never check pH...can you recommend good meter to buy?
        Light is excellent Spiderfarmer 500 and also LED Grow light UFO 300W...OK I think
        Pots are well drained...with holes as required sides and bottoms

Not chicken poo, but I gather some bat guano in the mix; diluted will with perlite

All advice apprciated...

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          Guano is also very hot, perlite will not dilute it, careful with this stuff, good but easy does it.

To me, the leaves look plump and overwatered. Also, if there is perlite in the soil, I cannot see much of it. I used like 1 part perlite to 2 parts soil. Also, the pots look too small, what is the total volume of the pot.

Comment

I'm confused (and maybe your plants are also) Are these clones? Are you flowering them or revegging them? 18 hrs of light and watch them rock..
          After a transplant.
          "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

Change medium to cannabis friendly, not just compost and perlite. https://www.growweedeasy.com/soil
            PH is absolutely necessary for the plant to be able to uptake nutrients https://www.growweedeasy.com/ph
            I have used pens but got lazy with calibration and now i use drops (google GH pH test kit) and use GH pH Up and Down to correct ph.
            If you have not already, go to https://www.growweedeasy.com/ to read up on growing.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X