Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to get body high with any of the strain I've grown

**********Skip the first paragraph if not interested in background*****
    I had tried cannabis since I was 20 and I never really enjoyed it. Must've tried about 30 smokes in a span of 12 years - i.e. only when my friends offered. The high was more like a mild headache. I am 33 now and last year one of my friend offered me some and I tried it at home and BAM!! I've never felt anything like in my entire 33 years life. It was the most amazing feeling. It felt like my body was melting. No matter which tv show I put on, It was awesome as though I was hypnotized and pulled into the TV show. I did this for the next 30 days straight until I exhausted my supply. I can tell you, those 30 days were one of the most happiest evenings I have ever experienced.( I only smoked in the evening, very small amount).
    Thus began my love for cannabis and every literature I had read up until then on cannabis made sense. I started scoring myself only to realize that all weed available in my country from dealers is shit with full of seeds, no potency, sprayed with pesticides which would give you a hell of time in the bathroom next day. After wasting a ton of money and flushing majority of my score in the toilet, I started growing my own indoor weed.

So far, completed two harvest ( 4 different strains). Although they are definitely 10 times better than what I get locally, I am disappointed. None of my grows have been able to give me the body high and relaxation that I experienced last year. It's not tolerance related, mind you. Could anyone recommend me a good strain that will give me a powerful body high. Below are the ones I tried so far.

Blue kush Auto feminized ( Dinafem) - 50%indica and 50% sativa - Grew beautifully without any issue
    Northern lights auto (Dinafem) - ended in early harvest due to pest attack and potency was less, so not counting this.
    Bubba kush ( photoperiod feminized, from seedsman) - 100% indica - Grew beautifully until harvest - No body high whatsoever
    Blueberry Kush ( photoperiod 80% indica and 20% sativa, from seedsman) - Same as Bubba kush. high is more heady and no body high.

What am I missing here? Why can't I get the body high again? What's your experience with the above strains? How I get couch locked?
    Last edited by lx574; 09-03-2021, 08:04 AM.

The type of high you get from your plants mostly comes down to when you harvest them. Later you leave them the more couch lock you get. Chop them early and they’ll give you the opposite effect. Indica’s are also better for a heavy stone

Comment

So true what the above poster is saying. It all comes down to strong lights and time of harvest. Those strains you grew are great stoner strains. We'd like to help you get there with the grow. Tell us how you plan on growing next time.......tell us your tent or room, kind of lights and know the " true watts from the wall" or at least brand. You can do this and don't need thousands of $$ to get started. Get good feminized seeds. We will help you lx574
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

I will expand on @MagicMike66 response just a little. Harvest is done by looking at the trichomes I do mine at about 25 to 30% amber but then I don't want a couch lock high till bed time and for that I just take a couple extra hits a 1/2 hour or so before bed. You may want to let a larger percentage of the trichomes to amber before harvest to get the effect you desire. If you have the room you could grow a couple of each strain and harvest them at different times according the trichomes. For instance if 2 plants of same strain have trichomes that look the same once they get to 30% amber start a flush on 1 after a few days once you harvest that one start the flush of the second. Once both are harvested and cured compare the effects of the 2 this will help you dial in what the trichomes looked like before harvest to get the effects your looking for.

Comment

Please give the Northern lights another try. I have had 3 major back surgeries and it is really good at that full body relaxation.
          I have had NL auto in every grow I've had. Just my experience.

Happy farming! 🙂🌱
          2X4X6 Quictent
          1.5x3x5 Gorilla tent
          600w LED (80)
          1000w LED (180)
          2 X Viparspectra P-1000
          2 X 4" fan with carbon filter ducted to unused boiler chimney
          6" battery/usb fans
          Mother Earth 70/30 coco/perlite
          GH trio with Calimagic
          Lung room humidifier
          3 and 5 gal plastic buckets Nebulas coco for autos nute schedule.
          ArmorSi, kelp when needed
          Running at pH 6.0

Grow 3
          Northern Lights auto
          (Seedsman)
          auto 00 Kush
          (00Seeds)

Grow 4 8/23
          2x Northern lights auto
          1 auto 00 Kush
          1 Critical photo

Don't just "grow weed",
          Cultivate a masterpiece.

Comment

• DeadlyFruit
            DeadlyFruit commented
            Editing a comment
            Agree with catfish, northern lights is an excellent strain for an outdoor grow, considered very forgiving and good for beginners and experienced growers because of its resilience and resistance to problems. I’ve only grown it once but I still have a little left and consider it one of the better strains I’ve grown.

I also agree with the others above re making sure you harvest at the right time. Look for the amber trichomes and take whatever the seed breeder said with a grain of salt because they almost always tell you less time in flower than it actually takes. If you harvest too early they say it gives a racing kind of high. Leave it longer and you will have bigger buds and a more peaceful couchlock high.

And finally, be sure you are giving it a good trim when you harvest. The thc is lower in parts of the plant like the sugar leaves, and it is negligible in the larger leaves and stems. Not sure how you do it but if you have too much of this stuff with your bud there is an overall lower ratio of thc to plant material in your joint. I personally do a pretty heavy manicure of my buds during trim and save the sugar leaves for edibles but I know some people leave on more of the sugar leaf if it is well dusted with trichomes and/or a nice colour that will improve the look.

You might also consider trying edibles as the high for that is very different and usually more of a body high. If you haven’t used edibles before be cautious on how much you use because it takes longer to kick in and lasts longer. I don’t know a person who didn’t overdo it the first time and end up with an uncomfortably strong buzz that can last a number of hours. As they say, start with a small amount and wait two hours before you take more. If that doesn’t do it increase the amount next time. If you have some bud/trim/ABV or anything else with THC in it the process of making cannabudder is very easy and requires no special equipment. You can use the butter to make whatever you want who eat - I like rice krispy squares myself. Once you dial that in you can move on to other processing techniques and try your hand at things like tinctures, RSO, gummies etc.

Comment

• Catfish22
            Catfish22 commented
            Editing a comment
            This too, very much. I make caps and after you get the dose and timing down it works well.

Try making a firecracker and see if you get the body high you're seeking. Easier than making canna-butter, just to try edibles. For seeds, Mag Landrace is a pure indica photoperiod. Works for me.
          Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
          Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
          Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
          Various size fabric grow bags
          Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
          4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
          Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Thank you SoOrbudgal , MagicMike66, Poppa. I am using a 200 watt( true wattage) led grow light inside a wooden cabinet. As to the growth of the plant and size of the bud, it's always been very good. I guess, I am not following the proper harvest procedure and waiting for the amber trichomes. To be honest, Except the first auto grow, I haven't really waited for the amber trichomes for the other three.Rest of them had to chopped down early due to some or the other reason. May be that is it. Next time will definitely wait for Amber. I had read up a lot on amber trichomes but didn't know it was going to make so much difference.
            Last edited by lx574; 09-04-2021, 04:55 AM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep it's knowing when to harvest i'm a huge believer in getting milky to amber trichs and waiting for at least half the colas to be mostly amber in the trichs. I won't ever harvest clear to milky not my type of high.

DeadlyFruit, thanks for the suggestion. I haven't tried edibles yet. Let me try that with my current batch. As to the trim, I am the only who smokes with the harvest so I have plenty of supply. I trim generously and throw away my trim as I have plenty.

Comment

• DeadlyFruit
              DeadlyFruit commented
              Editing a comment
              Once you try it let us know what you think!

Catfish, Thanks for the suggestion. Will give bubba kush another try next time and the followed by NL. Because, my NL had a spider mite attack ( I don't blame the strain, I grew it in tropical summer with very low humidity, indoor). I'll give NL another try in the winter.

Comment

I like Bruce Banner 3 for spinal pain, I grow outside mostly as these can get large. Amber is my friend and most of my bud has Amber 20-50%, it does make a dif!
              I grew a Super Skunk Kush by GOG, was disappointed with the smoke, did an alcohol wash and used that for sleep at night. When I first tried it, I thought "same as the smoke, shit" then I stood up and realized it is a body high, not a head high, and creeper to boot.

Comment

Catfish , DeadlyFruit, SoOrbudgal, Poppa, Here's my experience after another beautiful harvest. Raised two ladies, Bubba kush and White widow. Chopped both after a flowering period of 10 to 11 weeks. I couldn't get to the 50% amber that you recommended. At around 6th week, I started noticing the amber trichomes however they never cross 15 to 20% till week11 for some reason. ( definitely not because of lower temp).
                I harvested since the plants stopped drinking water altogether. Both grew beautifully till the end without much issue. It's illegal to grow where I am from hence I avoid clicking pics of the plant as growing attracts more legal problems than buying or selling. I have attached the pic of final harvest to give an Idea on the quality of buds.

As to the smoke experience, it's definitely heady and not getting the coveted couch-lock I desire. As per Catfish 's recommendation, I made two batches of Cannabutter and ate them and did not feel anything. I will test it with one of my friend's to see if it get's them high but I am sure I didn't screw up the cooking process. I improved the process the 2nd time but the result was same as the first one.

so I have given up hope on achieving the body high ever. going back to my first experience, I am not really sure why I experienced such an amazing and hypnotic couch clock. Not sure if the dealer had mixed some other drug like heroin.

I have given up hopes on achieving a body high ever again. I will still continue to use but have to settle with the heady high, not that it's bad, I still enjoy that but I love the couch lock.

I envy people who easily get body high and edible high.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Puglover1
                  Puglover1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It's not always easy. I find strains that I like, that work consistently but it's an expensive journey. Looks like you harvest too early but not sure why your plants stopped drinking. Maybe if you make hash it would get you where you want to be? I understand the struggle. Maybe try strains with different terpenes than the strains you've grown already? When I found a strain but they quit growing it I always tried to find something with the same terps, going by parentage didn't help. Good luck.

• SoOrbudgal
                  SoOrbudgal commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well that's a bummer you've not reached the level of high you were hoping for. All i can say is i've found my tolerance with the strains i've grown. As i grew more indoors got more experience with better lighting stronger penetration to the plants, kept the environment in the grow tent optimal the strains i grew got hell of alot stronger along with a slow cure after a couple months in the jars man it's 1gram in a pipe and melted into a recliner. But you got to get very good lights and keep the environment clean and temps consistent you'll find your rhythm. Don't give up.

Puglover1 1, I am pretty I am using strong lights. 200 true-watt led full spectrum lights ( equivalent of 1000 watts lights is what I am told), pic for your reference. currently growing blue dream, in 4th week of flowering. as you can see in the pic, it's a 4 led subsystem with each led drawing 50 watts. As I said, plants look pretty healthy and strong.
                Attached Files

Comment

Do you properly dry and cure your bud before consuming it?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X