newbie here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie here

Hey, I'm brand new to this forum and it's my second attempt at a grow. I was given two clones the beginning of Aug and they are doing pretty good I think. I'm using a soil/compost mix because I have access to huge compost piles where I live. I have a 3x3 tent with a 300 watt LED light board. The light schedule is currently 14 hours on 10off. Yesterday I decided to take a clone from one of the plants (nervous as hell and afraid to ruin them) Seems to be doing alright tho. I was told the strain was Jealousy or Peanut butter breath, I'll probably never know for sure lol. I'm struggling with when to put them in the flowering stage.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210830_104729.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	534186
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TenTonBrick; 09-01-2021, 04:18 PM. Reason: edited to include pic

Welcome! I don't know much on the soil or clones. But you are definitely at the right place. Hang on!
    DIY 4x12 Farmacy box w/2 4x4x6 grow areas
    TrolMaster HydroX runs the whole show
    Dual tank Co2 injection w/ rain tubing
    10000 btu thru the wall A/C / 5000 btu heater
    50 pint dehumidifier/ cool mist humidifier
    8" intake fan w/ hepa filter / 8" exhaust fan
    2 Timber Fatty-vs COB 950 watt draw fixtures
    w/ added 4 2ft T5 Pure UV bulbs on each fix.
    2 DIY Hybrid DWC 5 gal bubble bucket systems w/ 55 gal reservoirs w/ PH dosers
    2 2"x2"cyl.stones in each bucket, 8"disk in reservoirs
    GH Flora series (entire line) + Orca
    Grow 3 = Blueberry 1 dwc 1 soil.
    . Cherry pie 1 dwc 1 soil
    Soil is great lakes "just add water" in 7 gal fabric bags

Comment

Welcome to the dark side, errr I mean welcome to GWE. Over all your girls look ok. Kinda funky shape you got them in. Many growers use LST and HST techniques to grow a flat even canopy. That way all your bud site get the same about of light and more bud sites.
      One question for you what going on with the plant in the back. Kinda blurry but sort of looks like ph fluctuations.
      This site is great. Tons of information for new growers. Crossing my finger that you've done soe reading on the main site to educate yourself on our beloved hobby. If not GET OUT.... or you can just talk a look at these links.
      This easy tutorial explains how to grow cannabis indoors from seed to harvest. Learn how to take care of your plants with step-by-step instructions!

Use our cannabis growing problem pictures and interactive plant doctor tool to quickly diagnose your sick marijuana plants! Click the pictures below to learn about a marijuana problem, deficiency or symptom & get the solution! Still having trouble? Consult our 5-Step Remedy to 99% of Cannabis Growing Problems​​. Click here to see ALL cannabis plant...

Harvesting cannabis at the right time is just as important as how you grow the plant. Harvest marijuana buds too soon and you lose potency and yields; too late and you can end up making a batch of sleep medicine. Learn how to harvest at the perfect time, every time! Here's what you need...

I wish you the best of luck. Focus on growing a healthy plant, after you've mastered that them play around with other training ,cloning techniques.
      Cheers, PL
      5x5 Gorilla tent
      Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
      Infinity T8 exhaust fan
      Technaflora nutes
      Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

With photo plants you decide when to switch the lights to flower, one wants to do it so they have room for the stretch to happen and not run out of vertical space.
        That 300 watts, is that real watts from the wall or spoof watts?

Comment

The plant in the back is somewhat Smaller, other than that doesn't look much different from the other one. I have been using well water,
          I've been reading the main website so much my brain Was doing somersaults 🥴
          I'm not sure what spoof watts mean. My light says LED Power: 300w......is that not accurate wattage?
          I was trying to do some plant training since it's such a small tent, should I not do that at all then? I'm worried they will get too tall. like I said, I'm New to this and am trying my best

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            Spoof = fake, or what they tell you it produces such as this is a 2000 watt equivalence, but it pulls only 325 watts from the wall. For us that makes it a 325 watt light. (I use that as thats the specks from my light). IF the 300 watts is what it pulls from the wall then that would be accurate, else its spoofed.
            My main grows are outside, when inside I dont use a tent, so I dont have to worry with size as much. Training needs to be done for your setup.

Rwise Thank you for the info, I've been reading more on lighting and that I probably need to get a tool to measure the output ....for now I plan to adjust as needed and work on correcting the ph...I knew this was going to be a lot of work and I admit I'm feeling overwhelmed by all the science lol. I'm grateful to have found this site, I used info from ILGM with my first grow and realize I was just at the top of the iceberg

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey there you're doing better than some don't dispare it seems like alot to start but your doing fine. Do you know how far the distance is from canopy top of plant? Once you get comfortable you may just want to lower that light to nearly 20" above the plant but only if you know she won't be harmed by intensity. That's why we ask " true watts from the wall"

Thank you SoOrbudgal I had the light at 18" from the top....I raised it to 20" now after reading your post....I'll see if it makes a difference. I know I started Training them a little later than probably should've , and they might get funky looking, I'm just trying to keep as even a distance as possible from the light. I'll post pics in a couple days.

Ps, the clone I took is still doing well since I cut it on Tues. I'll get a picture of that up too. My phone takes such shitty pictures tho grrrr!

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Clone looks real good so far TenTonBrick it will take a few weeks to develop those little roots.

Comment

• Catfish22
            Catfish22 commented
            Editing a comment
            You need to plan a transplant. She'll start getting root bound pretty soon.

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Catfish22 He just cut that clone several days ago LOL give her moist soil not real wet and some light nothing real intense don't spray/mist her while she's under the light.

Thanks a bunch for the positive words! (I am a girl tho lol, 44 years young 🤭🤗)

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL well nice to have another " gal " around these parts. I only got about 20+yrs on ya LOL. Grow on lady

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X