My hearts just not in it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My hearts just not in it

While taking a break from working on the kids shed today she and I were talking. I told her I was thinking of giving the last plant I have growing away cause my heart just wasn't into growing right now. I had been talking about dropping down to doing only a spring or fall grow while growing this spring. I have already gotten rid of everything but 1 White Widow I was going to grow since it is what I've used as my meds for last couple of years. While down stairs this evening I took a look at what I have on hand and I still have about half of what I harvested last fall and 2/3 of that is White Widow so no need to grow any. Then I also still have everything except the clones I harvested this spring, the clones are what I used to make oil, and all of springs trim is still in jars so there's always more hash to be had. Since I don't have the desire to properly care (should of topped it a week ago) Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3220.JPG
Views:	300
Size:	2.40 MB
ID:	534064 for it i decided to give it away so here's the last picture of a plant I'll post this year. I'll be around and probably chomping at the bit long bout the 1st of the year to back at it but for now I need a break.

Don't do it if you don't feel it. There is no pressure. ETS will strike soon enough,
    Current Grow: 1 Purple Haze, 1 Bay Burger, 1 11 Roses Photoperiods
    5 gallon cloth pots
    30"x30"x60" tent
    Spider Farmer SE3000
    Coco Pearlite mix
    GH Trio, Silica, Cal-Mag

Comment

I try to get in 1 big grow a year then take a few months off. I don’t know how folk can grow all year round and still have time for a life 😂 Enjoy your sabbatical Poppa and hopefully we’ll see one of your grows on here again soon 👍🏻

Comment

Right there with you Poppa i got too much heavy home life stuff going on so i'm also taking a break from indoor just doing an waiting for outdoor harvest. Life can really throw a curve an then pull the rug out when you least think it will happen. I'm not sick but hubby is an it ain't Covid. Not sure what's gonna happen in the next month or so. But this site i do know really helps me to get my mind off my troubles. So i'mma gonna step back also when this fall harvest is over.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• PLreef
          PLreef commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh man. I wish your hubby a speedy recovery to whatever ails him. Hope you guys can get to the bottom of it soon!

• Farmbuck
          Farmbuck commented
          Editing a comment
          So sorry to hear that my western friend SoOrbudgal.

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          I too wish him a speedy recovery.
          I just finish the madera covid shoots, feel like shit, hurt everywhere.

Thank you for the kind words OldManGrower we been together for over 43yrs an it's heartbreaking but i got lots of good friends an family helping
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
          TOKABIGONE commented
          Editing a comment
          My best wishes as well SoOrbudgal, I will keep you both in my prayers!

Sorry to hear it Poppa but I get it, I really do. I have a hard time juggling my family, business, growing and just life in general sometimes. Honestly if I had to put one on the side line it unfortunately it would have be growing. Like mentioned above ETS will eventually get the best of you and you'll be back. I wish you well man.
        5x5 Gorilla tent
        Spectrum King SK402 - 2× Optic XL1
        Infinity T8 exhaust fan
        Technaflora nutes
        Nectar of the Gods soil

Comment

My heart was in it when I was healthier and it was illegal to grow. Now I have no desire to grow but I can't afford the dispensary. I just threw a gallon of pH'd water on the plants and seedlings, maybe Friday I can transplant seedlings. I never know.
          Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
          Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
          Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
          Various size fabric grow bags
          Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
          4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
          Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

I hear you Poppa not easy sometime life!! Keep in touch mon ami !!
            Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
            Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
            Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
            Full auto grow
            Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
            12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

I just cut off the lights on the indoor grow, IDK if I will do a seed run this winter or not, I have so many seed now. And I have plenty of bud too, even if the outdoor crop fails. I may grow less next year so I have less work to do. Ya, I understand.

Comment

Poppa , I get it. Sometimes you just need a break. I don't have a place to grow that is heated for the winter. I'm racing to finish the current crop before it gets cold n I get frozen out. By mid October I will be shut down until March. the attention that is needed is constant and a break is welcome.
                Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X