Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I extend outdoor vegging stage?

Hi all,

I am an outside grower that grows in a small greenhouse, which is located next to my window.
    This year I had some late starters. Currently I have some 2 week olds and one that now has 6 nodes. I would love to try the topping/fimming technique for once but unfortunately the days are getting shorter already. As for now, the night brings about 10 and a half hours of darkness, which means that the first signs of flowering will pop up anytime soon. I would extend the veg-stage by manually placing it inside every evening, in a room with the lights turned on, but the problem is that I im not always at home.
    Would it be possible to place a small desk-lamp (7 watts) in front of the window that is connected to a time-adjustable-outlet? I would program the light so that it would give another 2 extra hours of light are given after sunset. Would this weak light shining trhough the window pointed at the plant be enough to prevent the plant from flowering? The image added is from the biggest plant (in front of the window). Any advice is appriciated!

Thanks in avance.

I have a couple dwarf clones growing in my window that get artificial light in the evenings. They will be seed plants when they get a bit bigger.

Comment

IF the light makes enuf light you can read at the plant then yes it would work, else no it wont be enuf. You may need to bring it in for cold weather as well so be prepared for that part.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X