Need some help rust on leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some help rust on leaves

Hey so I need some help anyone I really would appreciate it I have rust spots on my leaves and I don’t know if it a cal-Meg Deficiency or potassium deficiency please help any advice
    Last edited by Jay1245; 08-30-2021, 05:53 PM.

Look at the underside of the leaves with a loupe. I think you have bugs, maybe mites. More info about you grow medium, pH, nutes, etc.
    Grow # 3 50/50 S/I Critical Mass photo fem
    Seeds drop in water 1/8/2022

Medium: FF Coco Loco plus 30% Perlite in 7 gal cloth bags
    Space: 30x48x62 DIY cabinet lined w/space blankets
    Lighting: Bloomspect SS1000 Quantum board x 3 - 300 watts actual draw
    Soil Supplements: Worm Castings, Crab Shell, Oyster Shell, Neem and Karanja Meal, Volcanic Basalt Dust (for minerals), Recharge root micros. Grow 3 is with reconstituted super soil to which I've added several additional minerals and supplements. A more complete list based on Cackamas Coots super soil recipe can be found in my Auto Toka thread
    i don't grow plants anymore, I grow soil that my plants can thrive in!
    My filtered tap water runs over 7.5 pH but the soil microbes
    make pH correction unnecessary
    Ventilation: Vipospar 4" Exhaust Fan w/RH controller, 12" Carbon Scrubber
    8" bottom intake fan, 6" clip on fan, 6" heater as needed
    Cabinet on screen porch. N AZ @ 4000 ft.

My salute to all who have served
    Semper Fidelis!

Comment

• Jay1245
      Jay1245 commented
      Editing a comment
      No no bugs I use super soil and roots organic soil mix but I didn’t have a lot of my super soil left so I mixed my last gro we medium in with what I had left over and new roots organic soil mixed with it the plant was doing wonderful and yesterday night I looked at her and she had rust spots on her lower leaves and 2 nights before I added cal-Meg to her feeding cuz I haven’t added anything but plain water until then so I’m wondering if by me adding the cal-Meg might have done something to her

• Jay1245
      Jay1245 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t use any nutrients only what is in my super soil from nature’s super soil compost and mix it in with my roots organic I haven’t had to check my run off my last grow was on point for the most part no deficiency or anything I guess I need to check my run off

cal-mag not meg. Flush it out first thing get rid of the toxins.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Jay1245
      Jay1245 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah sorry typo my phone does it a lot lol but yes that’s what I am about to do as we speak just was seeing if I was doing the right thing by flushing it and just wanted to know what should my run off be when I test my run off with my ppm and ph meter if you don’t mind me asking SoOrbudgal

Sorry i don't test never have in my 40+yrs of growing weed outdoors. Don't test my indoor either. Uh Oh guess that means i can't help ya with the ppm an ph meter.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

In soil, you ought to see pH from about 6.2 to 6.8. If it gets too acidic, that kills off all the beneficial microbes which inhibits nutrient uptake.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

I tagged you in Weed Pharma post, look at his leaves and read about root pH and calmag uptake.
        Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
        Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
        Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
        Various size fabric grow bags
        Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
        4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
        Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

If you are using super soil or with any soil you don’t have to check ph as long as you have a well balanced soil. You may need to re amend your soil. Add gypsum and that should take care of that issue if it is a cal mag issue, don’t flush your soil by doing that you are depleting it from nutrients then you will definitely have to top dress. I use malted barley it’s full of enzymes and that help kick start the microbial life in the top 2-3 inches of your soil which should Never dry out.

Comment

• Jay1245
            Jay1245 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok well my ph is 6.3 run off and my ppm is at 766

How much molasses do you use and how often? That lowers your pH. I hope you didn't flush yet. Did you look at Weed Pharma's Stonington Blend latest post? It might help you.
          Soil: Coast of Maine Stonington Blend, perlite; Seedlings: CoM org potting soil
          Indoor: 2 x 5.5 x 8' Closet grow
          Viparspectra XS2000; EnjoYield 220W full spectrum light added during flower
          Various size fabric grow bags
          Cal-Mag & GH Trio if needed; Flower Fuel & molasses during bloom; ReCharge
          4 clip fans. Exhaust into attic is vented to the eaves
          Current grow: DEAD FLOWERS

"Joker, smoker & midnight toker, I sure don't want to hurt no one"

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X