No announcement yet.

First time autopots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well ph in the pots got down to 5.0 and got locke out. Not wanting flush I adjusted to 7.0 in the rez. Hopefully the fade doesn't get worst. Got another 4 weeks to go.
    Attached Files
    640 watt hlg quantum board
    320 watt diy chilled pucks x4
    300 watt mars hydro sp3000
    150 watt hlg quantum board
    100 watt spider farmer led x2
    organic soil with earth dust dry amendments
    Water only i don't check ph
    6 pot fabric autopots with GH trio nutes

Comment

Start of week 6 and chugging right along. Got the yellowing to stop by adjusting ph to 6.5 for over a week. My fault for keeping ph at 5.8 for so long. Buds are fattening up and getting really frosty. I'm confident I'll make it another two weeks easy. I also took a trip to Salem Oregon to help a family member. I was gone a week and the only thing my wife had to do was small ph adjustments. Last update was my wife's pic while I was gone. Rez lasted 6 days before I refilled it and could gone another 2 days easy. It's a 25 gal rez and next grow I'm gonna run 4 pots instead of 6.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Cloud; 11-14-2021, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Honestly i think they look great bud wise. They still react to the light, great recovery Cloud. Did you drive up? If ya did you passed right by my town

• Cloud
        Cloud commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol nice I did drive up. I'm one of those crazy people who drive straight through lol. I agree nice bud development considering.

Start of week 7 and i cut the nutrients and am now giving pure water ph5.8 to 6.5. Not suppose to flush in autopots because the salts rise to the top. Hope they dont fade to quick already pretty yellow from nute lock out few weeks ago. Seeing half cloudy half clear trichomes but regardless of how trichomes look they getting chopped based on how good its looking. I should get another week easy but hoping for 2 weeks or more. Shortened the timer 30 min twice now over the last two weeks. Gonna take away another hour this week and another next week to encourage it to ripen up faster.

Comment

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        Even though they say not to flush autopots I did several times when I had ph lockout but did anyway. Made sure the runoff was close to a good ph range and then continued on. I had many good grows in spite of nutrient build up and flushing. Found the best time to flush was just prior to switching to flower nutes.
        Looks like a nice harvest coming up.

• Cloud
        Cloud commented
        Editing a comment
        I was planning on a flush before flower but got busy and didn't. Next grow will definitely do that. I also think I needed to cut back on the nutes more. Was giving less than the coco feed schedule from growweedeasy but still got a good bit of salt build up on sides of the pot.

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        Having to flush depends on several things.
        Using too much nutrient causing build up.
        Having a low humidity situation causes more evaporation and therefore nutrient buildup.
        Fabric pots also dry out faster causing more build up.
        Took me a while to figure out and adjust for those.
        Good luck

Day 60 flower and fading quick. Hoping for another 7 days but will get chopped when absolutely necessary.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Ckbrew
        Ckbrew commented
        Editing a comment
        They are fading fast. Good harvest to you.

Hi Cloud saw this on your post. "Shortened the timer 30 min twice now over the last two weeks. Gonna take away another hour this week and another next week to encourage it to ripen up faster."

Could you elaborate a little bit? What exactly are you talking about? So does that mean the light schedule is shortened from 12? Is there some reference material you can point me to? I have not seen this before and am intrigued. Thx!
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• Cloud
        Cloud commented
        Editing a comment
        My thinking is less light each week simulates nature and forces plant to finish faster thinking winter is coming. No solid proof on this but i also grow using the 12/1 light method. People confuse this with gas lantern lighting. Yes it is similar but the goal of gas lantern lighting is to simply stop flowering. With 12/1 you are saving money by using less light hours in veg by giving plant 12hrs light followed by 5.5hrs off 1 hour on then 5.5 hrs off. This keeps plant on the verge of flower but still in veg. In flower plant only gets 8hrs light and as a result plant kicks into flower mode faster and finishes faster but yields will suffer since plant cant bulk up as quick. By doing this your saving hundreds of hours per grow. Not only saving electricity but wear and tear on grow lights. For a 4 month grow that saves nearly a 1000 hours on your lights. Ive had really good success and yields using this method. This grow i did not grow using this method but since plant is fading quick im trying to force it to finish quicker by shorting the timer.

Welp got everything chopped and jarred. Not fantastic yields but got enough to make it worth it. Also came out pretty frosty even though it had the nute lockout. Final weights after being dried and trimmed is little over 11 oz from 6 plants. 4/6 weighed 2 oz but 2 of them only 1.5. Smoked a few buds already and pretty smooth considering its onlybeen chopped for a week. Learned a lot this grow with the autopots. I was also trying to be as hands off as possible. I also should have given them another 2 or 3 weeks veg. They were pretty small when i flipped to flower being impatient. I said i was gonna clean the rez every week but only cleaned it a few times. Did not clean any of the trays the entire time. I also should have given them a good flush at the flip to flower but did not. Ran into ph issues halfway through flower and got lock out. I nursed them till the end and still got a decent harvest. Im gonna call this a win regardless. Got the next round of clones in the autopots already for the next run.

Comment

Pick of green Crack top bud.

Comment

Cloud "12hrs light followed by 5.5hrs off 1 hour on then 5.5 hrs off. This keeps plant on the verge of flower but still in veg. In flower plant only gets 8hrs light"

If I understand, you use 12/1 light for veg. Then for bloom you are going straight to 8/16 light, or do you start at 12/12 and taper to 8/16 over time?
          Don't worry, be happy, grow sticky buds.

Comment

• Cloud
            Cloud commented
            Editing a comment
            I always start at 12 hrs on and reduce timer by 30 min every week but you can go straight to 8hrs off. Joseph Pietri who created this grow method goes straight to 8hrs. The Dude is a real douche but his method works.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X